Fnq Tablelands Brew Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbrewer

Reaction score
As promised,

this is to let all Far North QLD grain brewers know that the Tablelands chapter is having their June brew up on the weekend of 20th June in Atherton.

Would be good to see a few lowlanders come up for a social gathering.

We haven't decided whether to have a Saturday or Sunday brew, so if you are keen let us know.

Matt

At this stage I have a maybe you can go from the brew wench ... Would be good too meet you guys ...

Saturday would probbly be good ...

Cheers

So Matt, should I bring the Brewery along , I would brew a 42lt batch of Porter that I'd be happy to split with one of you guys for what ever you have planned.. Only need a power plug and water..

How many brewers ????

Lunch / food ... whats the go ,,,,should I bring somthing ??

PM me with address details ...

cheers

Bump Bump Bump ...

Thanks for the Pm Matt ,,,, It looks like I can get away with a night in the highlands alone ,,, haha... ;) ... Will bring brewery and grist /hops for a choc porter ... Keg of somthing and swag...

Cheers

Ok , Grains are weighed out , brewery has had a wipe over , cubes are soaking in nappiesan ...

Smoky choc porter ..

7.6kg pale
.5 munic 1
.5 munic 2
.5 dark crystal
.35 choc
.25 smoke
.25 carafa sp 2
.1 roast

will hop with PoR and fuggles/EKG , haven't sorted them out just yet...

Cheers

Ok , Grains are weighed out , brewery has had a wipe over , cubes are soaking in nappiesan ...

Smoky choc porter ..

7.6kg pale
1.0 wheat
.5 munic 1
.5 munic 2
.5 dark crystal
.35 choc
.25 smoke
.25 carafa sp 2
.1 roast

will hop with PoR and fuggles/EKG , haven't sorted them out just yet...

Cheers

just added the wheat ,,, after looking at the fridge with the grain bill writen on it in white board marker,, haha was just about to wipe it off...

Smoky choc porter ..

7.6kg pale
1.0 wheat
.5 munic 1
.5 munic 2
.5 dark crystal
.35 choc
.25 smoke
.25 carafa sp 2
.1 roast

45g PoR @60
20 fuggles @20
20 EKG @ 20
20 fuggles @5
20 EKG @5

30 IBU App 5.2%

1/2 keg of choc porter , 1/2 keg of DAG ale .......To have while we wait for the boil ...ect ect ...

Cheers

Smoky choc porter ..

7.6kg pale
1.0 wheat
.5 munic 1
.5 munic 2
.5 dark crystal
.35 choc
.25 smoke
.25 carafa sp 2
.1 roast

45g PoR @60
20 fuggles @20
20 EKG @ 20
20 fuggles @5
20 EKG @5

30 IBU App 5.2%

1/2 keg of choc porter , 1/2 keg of DAG ale .......To have while we wait for the boil ...ect ect ...

Cheers

Looks good Ned but I think you may need more smoke. Are you using Bairds Peated?

TP

Lol Pete , Not the peat smoked distilling malt , just smoked malt .... I would of put more if I had it , Its an end of the bags type of brew ....

Ok off to load up the ute ..

cheers

med_gallery_592_88_874740.jpg

Ok all loaded up and ready too roll ... Will roll on out of here around 12:30...
Cheers

mash is on and beers are flowing .. all good
pics too come soon..

cheers

Good Morning ,,, First a big thank you too the Tableland Brewers for the invite , a great afternoon/night and some very nice beers ...

A special thanks to Helen for dinner , wow , thats setting high standards for brewday food..

Now for a few pics ..

Bunyip brewery , visiting the Tablelanders..
med_gallery_592_88_439919.jpg

John cranking the mill ...
med_gallery_592_88_168743.jpg

Matt and Travis checking the mash temp.
med_gallery_592_88_17875.jpg

The split boil ...
med_gallery_592_88_787306.jpg

Dinner, Lamb shanks ,, bloody delicious... good work ...
med_gallery_592_88_657133.jpg

Oh and Travis I left a bit of form ply at your place this morning ,,, next time wont be to long , haha..
Thanks guys ..

Thanks for coming up Ned, a pleasure meeting another enthusiastic brewer.

We are are a good looking group of brewers aren't we?? Maybe we should start a 'men of brew' calander!!

Look forward to tasting 3 diiferent versions of the smokey Porter when we come down. I am already planning a three course meal for our July meeting to top the one we had last night.

Matt

Latest posts

Back