Fluted Mill looking for feedback

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carboy

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone,

I received a few dollars for Christmas so I'm thinking about upgrading my mill to the new MashMaster fluted mill.

I've done some web surfing but can't find any review or feedback on these new mills. Does anyone have any knowledge about the pros and cons of this mill?

One brewing Buddy of mine thought the 1.5" diameter rollers may be too small.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Cheers
Carboy

I haven't seen any negative feedback for the fluted mashmaster.
I run a mashmaster with 1 knurled and 1 fluted roller. Have not had a problem since adding the one fluted roller.

Cheers

Same as Bradsbrew, I replaced 1 knurled with 1 fluted roller,it works brilliantly, gives a good even crush,

Cheers

I've got one and it is just fantastic. I can only really compare it to my old marga mill but it goes through 5+kilos super quick and gives a really good crush. I'm super happy with mine.

There's a pretty detailed thread on here about them. Zero bad feedback on the fluted ones. I'm in the market for one of them myself.

+1 for 1 knurled and 1 fluted. I crushed 8 kg yesterday in about 10mins. Perfect crush.

A few reviews and feedback by other users on AHB you are welcome to google them for yourself.

[SIZE=16pt]Mardoo[/SIZE]
Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:10 PM
[SIZE=14pt]Mashmaster Fluted. This is the mill the world has been waiting for. Just sayin'.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I can say more, but honestly it would bore the **** out of me at the moment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]mb-squared[/SIZE]
Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:53 PM
[SIZE=14pt]my experience has been great; highly recommended. As for the gap, I use .85mm, but I've got a 3V system. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]welly2[/SIZE]
Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:05 PM
[SIZE=14pt]Also a Mashmaster convert. I have mine set like this:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Milling for a Grainfather but have only made two batches since milling with the Mashmaster so might need a bit more dialing in but so far so good. It's a beast, it weighs a ton, you could use it as a weapon. With a bit of luck, this should be the last grain mill I ever need to buy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Coldspace[/SIZE]
Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:24 PM
[SIZE=14pt]I just bought the twin fluted a few weeks back, compared to my cheap one from evil bay, this thing is a weapon...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Feels awesome as it crushes, the grain is milled so much better, consistant husks, I've done 2 batches now, grav points up 3-5 over previous mill, sparging soooo much better.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Love it, you won't regret it.[/SIZE]
Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:12 AM
[SIZE=14pt]I love mine too, crushes great, even and fast[/SIZE]

There are a few other cracker reviews as well but I have not asked those people for permission to use or repost their reviews.

Yep brissybrew feel free to use my reviews too. They are just a rock solid feeling bit of kit too. Well designed great to use and feel like they will last forever! I've got the newer two fluted rollers model and my cordless drill drives it very easily.
Again if you've got the cash go for it you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back