Flogged yet again

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
Well, as a rugby league fan and nswelshman, that familiar feeling is back haha. We had nothing and were totally outplayed, outclassed, outmuscled.

Qld were brilliant. I think what happened to cam smith was disgraceful ( did it need to be aired right before origin? ), and he showed what champions do.

Sucks to lose but even I was cheering JT as he was going down the side line. Best player of the last 10yrs. Has to be an immortal.

I hope the young blues forwards remember what happened last night.

Current qld team would beat any team in the world

The whole Smith saga was nothing but ratings for origin build up. Good old shady 60min and WIN..

But NSW were completely outplayed. Deserved the bashing we got.. defensive pressure was some of the best I've seen for a long time.

QLD were excellent. It was the best performance from a State of Origin side that I have ever seen. The half time stats were very telling - they had 0 missed tackles compared to NSW 19.
NSW didn't play badly. They were just made to do too much tackling and fatigue took its toll. QLD made very few errors and made NSW pay dearly for theirs.
Expect a very different Blues side next year - there will be many changes.

Massive changes year to year has never worked for nsw ( or any sporting team anywhere, ever ). I hope they keep it reasonably similar. Nothing makes you want to win more than when you were in the side that got flogged

It was just a 'one of them nights' game, even Blues said that 'emselves. There wasn't a thing they could have done to stem the tide.

I worked there last night :D and I tell ya there have been very few games I have worked there where the feeling was just electric, the last 20 minutes the atmosphere was almost party-like. Blues supporters were high fiving our fellas, it was like they were just in awe of JT's display and other stuff. And the defence,....just brilliant. I've never seen a Qld display like it. They just swarmed. I really think the garbage by 60mins did our fellas a favour...grubbiness at it's worst and a great motivator to tie in with the need for our forwards to redeem 'emselves after Game II.

Just watching a replay of it and one of the lowest dog acts I've seen was as JT passed the ball to support just on fulltime, you saw I think it was Beau Scott came it late launching his shoulder into Thurston's knees like he was trying to cripple him. That's why there is so much hate for scum like that up here......

Latest posts

Back