Floating Particles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catcher

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently made an AG brew being a Belgian Wheat Recipe. They have been conditioning for about 10 days so far so still some time to go. However it appears to have a fine particle throughout the entire batch in the bottles. Looks like tiny granules spread throughout the liquid, almost suspended in it. I have never had this occur so just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1409032064.434514.jpg

It's most likely yeast that's still active in your secondary fermentation in bottle (carbonating in bottle)
Also just a tip, those clear bottles are terrible at keeping light off the beer (brown bottles are best), it leads to skunking of your beer if the sun is on it too long
Get them into a dark area asap until you're just about to drink them
The particles should settle out when you chill the beer
Corona bottles are also very thin and will explode quite easily if you over carbonate...

I was hoping it may be yeast. I did primary ferment (10 days), racked off and secondary ferment (5 days), then in to bottles. Tastes a treat, see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice :)

In relation to bottles, they haven't seen the sun light, stored in a nice dark warm place.

Gave every bottle some slight agitation and left them for a while. Have settled nicely. One more week then they are due for tasting.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1409824894.682889.jpg

Looking good, mate! Other thing to remember is when you chill them before drinking, more yeast etc will drop out of suspension so they should come out pretty damn clear!

sp0rk said:
Corona bottles are also very thin and will explode quite easily if you over carbonate...
This is a good and important point. If you can store them in cardboard boxes therefore if they bomb no flying glass. Best to be safe than sorry.
Cheers

Back