Fist Brew In Years, Need Some Advice, Bavarian Larger

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngy

Reaction score
This forum is great.

Just getting back into the home brew and just wanted some help and advice for my first brew.

I am going to try a Cooper Bavarian Larger.

Ingredients,
1.7kg Coopers Bavarian Lager
1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 1
500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

Fermentation
Is the yeast a larger yeast? (I think it is larger yeast)
I am planning on fermenting in a fridge with a fridgemate, what temp should I ferment at? (thinking 12c)

Racking
Do people rack @ FG?, Normally how long whould you leave in the primary? (thinking FG or 2 weeks)
What temp for the secondary? (thinking 12c)
How long in the secondary? (thinking 3 weeks)
Hops ?(any recomendation and how much)

Bottling
I don't think my wife will let me get my kegs in time for this brew, so going with PET bottles.
Priming with Coopers carbs
Once bottled do I store in a dark place or can I use my chest freezer with fridgemate and store at a certain temprature? (no ideas open to sudgestion)

Cheers in advance
Youngy

This forum is great.

Just getting back into the home brew and just wanted some help and advice for my first brew.

I am going to try a Cooper Bavarian Larger.

Ingredients,
1.7kg Coopers Bavarian Lager
1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 1
500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

Fermentation
Is the yeast a larger yeast? (I think it is larger yeast)
I am planning on fermenting in a fridge with a fridgemate, what temp should I ferment at? (thinking 12c)

Racking
Do people rack @ FG?, Normally how long whould you leave in the primary? (thinking FG or 2 weeks)
What temp for the secondary? (thinking 12c)
How long in the secondary? (thinking 3 weeks)

Bottling
I don't think my wife will let me get my kegs in time for this brew, so going with PET bottles.
Priming with Coopers carbs
Once bottled do I store in a dark place or can I use my chest freezer with fridgemate and store at a certain temprature? (no ideas open to sudgestion)

Cheers in advance
Youngy
hi
ok it is a lager yeast so 12/c is good

i rack to lager at fg and left for only 2 weeks ...pisspoor i agree but needed the space ...came up pretty clear

if you bon't want to use carb drop in the future try this table works well for me ...
Final Gravity Grams
1006-1008 180
1008-1010 160
1010-1014 140
1014-1018 120
1019-1025 100
its from grumpys link below

http://www.grumpys.com.au/m1.php3?manualid=13
also if you've some german hops hop her up a little ...is pretty bland without..up to you
cheers simpletotoro

Back