First Partial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadDog

Reaction score
Gday All

Just about to do my first partail :super:

This may seem a silly question but when ordering chrystal and other malts that only require steeping, do I need to get it milled when ordering from CB :excl:

Cheers

ROADDOG

I would be getting the grains crushed, it will allow a lot more of the grain goodness out into your mash.

Good luck with it!

Roaddog, as Raven said, definitely get them crushed. What is your understanding of the term, partial? It may not be overly important but it may help when people offer advice that everyone is on the same page. A partial or partial mash isn't just steeping specialty grains. It involves mashing base grains in order to extract a portion of the fermentables for the brew. So there is a difference between a partial and steeping specialty grains.

The only reason I mention this is so that everyone is clear on your technique/process and advice can be offered accordingly.

Thanks fellas :D

I have always been led to believe that a partial was a liquid or dry malt base with specialty grains added to get the flavours and colour. :huh:

Cheers

ROADDOG

Nah, mate. That's an extract still. So you're in the right forum for spot on info. For a partial you need a portion of your base malt to be mashed grain.

Sure it'll still be a tops beer. A rose by any other name and all that.

What is your recipe?

Gday All

Just about to do my first partail :super:

This may seem a silly question but when ordering chrystal and other malts that only require steeping, do I need to get it milled when ordering from CB :excl:

Cheers

ROADDOG

you could always crush them with your ass!!!!!!

Well, strictly speaking...

Horse_mill_045493.jpg

Latest posts

Back