First Cider i can replicate the taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah its me again, having dramas here, rain rain rain. bit of heat, rain rain rain, came home to black mould on outer carboys, easier to dump and wait for more favourable conditions, thinking mushrooms ....Peter

Mould on the outside should be fine.. its when you get mould on the inside you need to worry.

Have a taste and see if its OK.

Cheers
Dave

Hey Airgead, yeah i know but this is some serious mould going on, its not just the carboys, also the air locks,even in the very top above liquid level and the thread on lid, my fridges and cold crash, my egg incubators and basically everywhere. I have dumped this and another and gone beserk with mould killer throughout my work area but fear it will only comeback as the rain is not going away according to bom. Carboys are scrubbed,sanitized and moved upstairs, also my portable cheese cave has to come up, we burn a wood stove in the house so no mould issues up here,also had to bring up all my bottled and corked mead and variants for storage in a spare room, bit worried about mould getting on the exposed corks so have sterilized [what a job, had to have a sickie from work].
My lovely wife is a bit toey about all the extras in the house but you get that at times. I have also told her its best to drink more just in case, but i don't think she appreciated that either.
Anyway the hot days are going so when it does ease off i can get back into meads which is my preference and just do the occasonal cider and cyser. See ya Peter

Ahh yeah. Fair enough. It is a trifle soggy up your way.

Cheers
Dave

Ok, so an update on my sulfur weird smell. After 2 weeks in the keg, it has completely vanished. I would urge all to give this cider recipe a crack. Bloody delicious.
Thanks matey!

Yahoo, Damien13 and I, all glasses to "FRANKO" ,this recipe does work, give it a hit... Peter .... am currenty drinking a pomegranite brew, this is another ripper, actually having a taste test at work tomorrow with fellow workers,,, "shhhhh" the boss dosn't need to know cause this is good..Thanks Damien13 always good to have someone back your thoughts....and you may like an apple caremal thats smelling great and early tastes are like the name..

Hi ya all,4 days now with a bit of sun and heaps of wind so things are inproving and just around the corner is "sandra", potenially more rain .. drinking an exceptionally nice mandarin mead at 1 year old and wow this is nice, dry pithish against a sweet finish, i am only drinking the first rack dregs i have had stored in cold crash for months, basically a clean up but am surprised whats in some off those unlabled dregg bottles, gave my missus a taste and she wanted a glass, so that's less for me, bugga. see ya peter

Yep. It is in the original recipe.

Dpesnt the original recipe say this:

12 Litres 100% Apple juice no added flavours or preservatives (Bought from Aldi)
8 Litres Apple & Pear juice no added flavours or preservatives (Woolworths)

This isnt reconstituted apple juice right?

Aldi/Woolies juice isn't reconstituted?

[EDIT: Assuming Franko meant Homebrand for the Woolworth's juice, it is most certainly reconstituted. I'd pretty much bet my left one (assuming anyone wanted such a thing) that ALDI juice would be no different.]

yes, thats why i asked if you CAN use recon juice i.e. the types found in the isles, not the refridgeraters

Sorry, robbie, I editted something I hope is a bit more useful while you were posting.

Hope it helps.

Quick answer - yes you can. it has sugar. it will ferment. It may be low in nutrients though from the concentration process so you might want to look at adding some extra.

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back