First AG brew in almost 30 years.....looking for advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aussie Mick said:
In the old days, I would brew in a Bruheat, pour into a fermenting bin, loosely fit the lid and allow to cool for 24 hours before pitching yeast. It explains why the brews in the old days were always hit and miss.
A bit off topic but where did you acquired your Bruheat 30 years ago, did you purchase it in Perth?

Just wondering as apparently Bruheat brewing or BIAB as it is now known was a long lost or forgotten brewing method in AU. It was rediscovered here on AHB a few years ago and named BIAB but brewers had to build their own equipment as Bruheat boilers and even grain bags weren’t available at LHBS.

Aussie Mick said:
Anyway, the wife just helped me pour the wort into the fermenter, and after a hard days graft, she said..... "why didn't you just buy the Robobrew?" ..............
This. Next step is to leave bottles all over the house and ask her to help you bottle this batch. You'll have kegs in no time.

LOL, yeah that one worked. I was "allowed" to buy some kegs/taps/everything else a couple of months ago after taking every cupboard in the laundry and half the kitchen and dining room floor space with bottles :)

This fermented quite quickly, racked and gelatine fined, and cleared much quicker than kit/extract brews.

I actually kegged this up on Tuesday (today is Thursday) so I have been extremely patient. It was force carbed, so I have just drawn off a 250ml sample. I am in beer nirvana. Thank you Dr. Smurto. Just thank you. The extract brew was so good it made me want to try the grain version. Looks like there's no going back now.

Cheers everyone :)

IMG_0221.JPG

Latest posts

Back