First Ag Brew. All Looks Good!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grinder

Reaction score
Just wanted to brag about the successful completion of my first AG.
Did jayses skunk fart XLCR ale.
Used some cascade hops at flame out though.
I don't know how to calculate efficiency (maybe someone can help me out) but based on the recipe figures I think I got 75-80%. Pitching OG 1.048. Good yield I think.
Anyway it was a good day, spent a long time on it, and my system worked well I think.
Thanks for all your great forums guys. Helped me a lot.
Will let you all know how it turned out

congrats grinder, im sure it will be the first of many

Yeah well done, look for consistency in future brews as well as time saving shortcuts :)

Onya Grinder, another 10 or so under the belt and you'll start to get the hang of it all. More better beer, brew, brew.

Making beer...good times, good times :super:

Congrats man, you'll love it! :chug:

PZ.

Well done Grinder!

That was a quick run from joining the forum to your first AG.

Top stuff,
Pat

Just wanted to brag about the successful completion of my first AG.
Did jayses skunk fart XLCR ale.
Used some cascade hops at flame out though.
I don't know how to calculate efficiency (maybe someone can help me out) but based on the recipe figures I think I got 75-80%. Pitching OG 1.048. Good yield I think.
Anyway it was a good day, spent a long time on it, and my system worked well I think.
Thanks for all your great forums guys. Helped me a lot.
Will let you all know how it turned out

I have just tried my first AG brew and can honestly say it is the best beer I have ever drunk!!!! ( big call, I know but true) :super: . I have filtered it and it is a beautifu bright pale golden colour ale.
I am so bloody proud of this brew.
Thank you all for your excellent posts and advise.
I can never go back to kits or extracts after this one. YeeHAa!!!! bring it on!!! :super: :super: :super:

Good stuff mate!!!!
Your first AG is the best!!! enjoy your hard work.
onwards and upwards!

Oh boy......he's lost now, listen to the enthusiasm!!
Next thing you know your HBS will be the most common on your bank statement, the car will be permanently parked out in the rain & the wash-house will turn into a grain storage/fermenter room.......
Good onya Grinder :)

Faint whisper in the background.............."Another has joined the dark side master....yesssssss ....yesssssssss he hassssssssss..........."
:unsure:
:super:

Great choice for a first beer. Congrats mate....& so the obsession starts... :chug:

Cheers Ross

Back