Fire Extinguishers In Newcastle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyatt_girth

Reaction score
I have posted this in another thread about extinguishers but I just started a seperate one to target the folk in my area. Does anyone from Newcastle area know a place to get hands on extinguishers for kegging. Also, while we are on it, someone that is willing to modify it (dip tube and connections for the regulator-from my quick readup of similar topics on AHB) for use too would be handy.
Chubb have quoted me just shy of $300 for a brand new 3.5kg. I figure MKOL is around that anyway so might end up in that direction for those $$

Cheers and kit beers,
Wyatt

i have never done it myself

This is a quote from my cousin

"I got sick of fiddling with the extinguisher....it can be refilled by bullbecks fire services in islington"
My cousin now uses a MKOL

i used to use BOC but now i use MKOL as well

Thanks Offline. I called BOC yesterday but the bloke was doin a bit of guesswork for his quote. I don't think he was that up with it, plus it was 4.30 friday arv so maybe he just couldn't be arsed. Anyway, he said that it was about $10 a month to rent a bottle and around $48 to fill. This was for the bigger of the two they sizes they do - I think about 10kg?
This sound about right to you?

Go and see MHB, he sells MKOL bottles. Around the $300 mark if I remember correctly. With the BOCs being $120 per year the payback period is pretty good.

Bullbecks will refill extinguishers but I'd only use one if I could get it very cheaply. $300 isn't cheap.

Sounds about right, it was around $11 a month rent.
i can't remember the initial cost and i never refilled (i think the initial cost was just a refill cost). It lasted me roughly 3 years before empty and i was over the monthly bill by then (plus thats approx $400 rental)

Thanks. Hopefully won't be renting it for too long. Eyebrows are being raised at home as the set-up costs are being increased from my initial funding application estimate. As the waves begin to subside from my first round of purchasing I will try for a MKOL but until then I will c-c-compromise and go with the rental. I'll just take it out of my poker budget. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back