Finally Out Of Hospital

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just an update for anyone wanting to know

scarlett walking frame.jpg

this is a pic of scarett trying out a walking frame, she has made massive gains in eating, standing and talking, it is almost like she is re learning everything from the start. We need to work on her hand control as this seems to be lagging behind but the best thing of all is she can say daddy :)

cheers steve

good to hear mate,
see you in a couple of weeks.

All the best. My families hearts go out to u and your family.

Rest assured that despite my spelling and as someone in the vic healtj sysyem and the shit u read in thwe papers Australia has one of the best health systems in the world. If it can be done to heal your child it will be.

Scarlett is also the name of my eldest.

The strength of children never ceases to amaze me. Hamg in there. They feed off your hope and strength.

matho said:
we hope that being at home will help her more than being in hospital.
It will. (Speaking non medically I must admit)
I had to have a fairly major op earlier this year, and I only spent just over a week in hospital, thankfully, but there was nothing better than resting at home, as helpful and as good as the care I received was...
Unless there is a real medical benefit from remaining, and circumstances are different for everybody obviously, then a more familar environment just works better.
Personally I was going stir crazy after about day 5, I can't imagine an extended stay...

That's fantastic, Steve!
All the best to your little girl.

Awesome news Steve. That little smile and saying Daddy must melt away the last few months. Here's to the good news so far and more good news in the future.

Awesome news Steve, must be awesome to see Scarlett making great progress. Makes me want to go and give my girls and extra hug.

Cheers
Chris

Damn near brought a tear to my eye. Its great to hear that she is progressing and getting stronger.

Thanks for the update. :)

Damn. Hang in there man, and your whole family. Great to see some success in such a terrible situation. Gook luck to your whole family and especially Scarlett. Hang in there little girl. My friend went through this and things got better. You can too.

It is wonderful to hear that things are improving for you and your family.

Thanks for the progress report Matho and great to see her up :)
My boys got and extra big hug from me today. Thanks for the injection of perspective in my life.
My best wishes for you and your family !
Cheers
Doug

two years on, Scarlett is still progressing, she tried eye gaze control of a computer the other day and did a great job. I'm sorry I have not contributed to AHB but I have other things that need my attention more. I hope all my mates on AHB are doing well and are brewing excellent beers,

cheers steve

Glad to see you updating us Steve.

I don't know what to say, I can't imagine how hard the last 18 months have been for you.

I hope the improvement continues.... thinking of you and your family mate.

Latest posts

Back