Filtering Beer & The Fart Issues

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farting is the first sign of a bad diet, it's just food going bad in your body.
Yes a night on the HB can make you fart but if you fart a lot your not healthy on the inside, and really that's what counts.

Batz

Whats the world come to when a man can't enjoy a good fart.
It provides topics for conversation between you and the missus and entertainment for the kids. :D

I am doing Febfast which means I have not had a beer for 22 days. I am farting no less often or differently (intensity/odour/sound quality/rumble) than before.
I was very surprised. I thought I would fart heaps less, but there has been no difference. I still fart a lot.

Just an observation - that's all.

Farting is the first sign of a bad diet, it's just food going bad in your body.
Yes a night on the HB can make you fart but if you fart a lot your not healthy on the inside, and really that's what counts.

Batz

You're pretty close. Food which is not properly chewed will break down in your intestines. This process is basically fermentation. Adding yeast doesn't help the situation. Improving the diet and chewing more will also help.

You're pretty close. Food which is not properly chewed will break down in your intestines. This process is basically fermentation. Adding yeast doesn't help the situation. Improving the diet and chewing more will also help.
We need to eat foods that contain Lipase, Protease, Amylase, Cellulase, and Lactase, for proper digestion. Amylase is naturally formed in the mouth. It helps break down certain carbohydrates. Cabbage and beans are some of the most difficult to break down.

Supplements are available. Beano is an Amylase supplement. It is easy to find. I will attest to it's effectiveness. A shack full of cabbage beer guzzling Deer Hunters. First night was horrible. Second night with beano added to the pot of cabbage was much better. Everybody slept better, felt better

And you can use Beano to convert sugars in a beer recipe. It will break down the maltose into a more simple sugar so you can use a wine yeast if you choose. This also reduces the calories by breaking up un-fermentable sugars...and less fartiness

Hey folks,
I thought you all deserve a follow up on this old thread...

I bought a gravity filtering kit of 0.35 micron from Clarence Water Filters they sell them on eBay too but the prices are better if you go directly to their site. Service was good from these guys - as it should be. The kit arrived within 48 hours.

I've done a few brews since and having filtered them all, I have to say I have noticed a big difference in the fart issues I was having. LOL. So for those of you out there who may be looking for another reason to convince yourself or your missus of spending the money on filter kits. I think it's worth the extra expense.

In addition, I don't think it adds too much hassle to the process.

Hope that helps
Cheers :D
i'm still fartin like a trooper, no difference at all, maybe i need a finer filter to trap the fart fuel? :lol:

Back