Ffs!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So gravity filter then.

Dont filter. Problem solved

Edit. If u really feel a need to much around / filter or equiv then add some gelatin. Disolve 1teaspoon per keg and then add beer. Youll loose 2 pints of beer and it wil be crystal.u can search and read up on gekatin as a fining on ahb if u want

Ran out of gas right in the middle of filtering :angry:

its times like this that you wish you had spent that extra $1.60 for the bit of hose that let you filter with gravity

It's one thing to run out of gas during filtering.....

It's a completely different pain in the arse when you run out of gas during your boil.

And you don't have an electric element......

It's one thing to run out of gas during filtering.....

It's a completely different pain in the arse when you run out of gas during your boil.

And you don't have an electric element......

Been there. It gets a little nerve racking when your one and only bottle is getting low with 45 min to go. Now I have a second gas bottle sitting there full, no dramas when gas runs out.

Been there. It gets a little nerve racking when your one and only bottle is getting low with 45 min to go. Now I have a second gas bottle sitting there full, no dramas when gas runs out.

Ahh electric boils, how I love thee.

Did a brew today with a 60 minute addition and a 5 minute addition. Spent 30 minutes on the Internet, had a shit and a shower then went and added the 5 minute addition. Too easy. All inside too.

Spent 30 minutes on the Internet, had a shit and a shower then went and added the 5 minute addition. Too easy. All inside too.

You know that saying?: "it's as easy as shitting in the shower and kicking it down the plughole". Not easy Jan, not easy at all...

Ahh electric boils, how I love thee.

Did a brew today with a 60 minute addition and a 5 minute addition. Spent 30 minutes on the Internet, had a shit and a shower then went and added the 5 minute addition. Too easy. All inside too.

I still do that too with a gas burner but only if I start with a full bottle....... ;) (not the inside part though!)

Isn't gas wonderful!!

Years ago I used to make beer and maintain a large garden which included hedging hedges, pruning fruit trees, raking mounds of deciduous tree leaves and mowing lawns as well as pool cleaning. The problem arose when it was always whilst I was doing these "duties" that I brewed.

One day I couldn't start the lawnmower no matter what I did and i decided that it was the sparkplug. I headed of to the hardware store, located the sparkplug and was standing in a line eight or more people when I realised that the gas was on "full-bore" under 70 litres of wort.

I knew I couldn't make it home in time to save the inevitable so i waited in line and bought the sparkplug.

When I got home, about half the wort was emptied from the boiler onto the ground and the gas was blowing (no flame) into the air (lucky it was a nice day and I didnt brew in the garage)

cheers

the_new_darren

You know that saying?: "it's as easy as shitting in the shower and kicking it down the plughole". Not easy Jan, not easy at all...

I caught my brother doing this when he was about 10. We never speak about it.

I think all this porkspin is starting to get to you cocko, visit the octoberfest beer wenches thread asap :icon_chickcheers:

Isn't gas wonderful!!

Years ago I used to make beer and maintain a large garden which included hedging hedges, pruning fruit trees, raking mounds of deciduous tree leaves and mowing lawns as well as pool cleaning. The problem arose when it was always whilst I was doing these "duties" that I brewed.

One day I couldn't start the lawnmower no matter what I did and i decided that it was the sparkplug. I headed of to the hardware store, located the sparkplug and was standing in a line eight or more people when I realised that the gas was on "full-bore" under 70 litres of wort.

I knew I couldn't make it home in time to save the inevitable so i waited in line and bought the sparkplug.

When I got home, about half the wort was emptied from the boiler onto the ground and the gas was blowing (no flame) into the air (lucky it was a nice day and I didnt brew in the garage)

cheers

the_new_darren
Haha, Our pool needed topping up one summer - too low for the filter to run. Throw the hose in, turn it on & walk away. Do stuff round the house, get a phonecall from a shop in Hornsby Westfield for a sunshade for the kids car window just arrived instore. Head up there, browse a bit, meander back home... 2 minutes from home it hits me that it's been running for over 2 hours.
The plants got a good water that day.
Some of them even survived.

As for gas, I've managed to get an extra 15min out of a bottle by shaking it from side to side.
Thank goodness for the ripped off convenience that is swap & go.

Yep, Shake the bottle when its almost stopped. Another trick it to run the hose over the outside of the bottle when its low (you may have noticed that the bottom of the bottle is almost frozen when its been running for a brew and its almost empty). remove the ice and it will go a little bit longer.

A second back-up bottle will always help reduce refill stress on brewday.

Back