Festival Of The Boot 1&2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirem

Reaction score
I was sitting here hydrating up for the afternoon and can't recall seeing a thread of what we are all drinking today and tomorrow.

I am lucky to have lived in just about every state throughout my childhood....yes we are gypsies! So I follow just about every sport. Unfortunately I didn't have much to celebrate this year but the Raiders and Richmond will do better next year, can't do any worse!

After a week of punishing my liver and brain at the Rutherglen Wine Show, I thought I would stick to beer this weekend. So I went down to my newly found bottleo that has a really great range of beer and in Mildura of all places, this place never seems to stop amazing me.

I walked away with Shoefferhoffer Crystal, Schwelmer Pils and the new boag's thing; Wizard Smith's.

They had many beers I had never heard of before and I spoke to one of the guys in there, he is really keen to stock good quality beers. He showed me the Unibroue broucher and is stocking them in the near future, I asked about Raftman and he said it is limited and wasn't sure if could get it in.

He had 2 or 3 full fridges of imported beers, I would say he had over a hundred imported beers plus the usual swill and a few Australia micros, nothing new in the Australian range for me, apart from the boags. He also had a very good range of wine and all at fair prices.

anyone in Mildy needs some where to source the good stuff, that duncans place near coles is the go. I think it is also called Mildura fine wine or something along those lines.

So who I am going for in the finals...It is easy, my wife is a Port Supporter, so I am going for the Cats and my Dad is Manly supporter and no-one really likes Manly, I think I heard Des says he doesn't like them either, so it is the storm.

I was sitting here hydrating up for the afternoon and can't recall seeing a thread of what we are all drinking today and tomorrow.

I am lucky to have lived in just about every state throughout my childhood....yes we are gypsies! So I follow just about every sport. Unfortunately I didn't have much to celebrate this year but the Raiders and Richmond will do better next year, can't do any worse!

After a week of punishing my liver and brain at the Rutherglen Wine Show, I thought I would stick to beer this weekend. So I went down to my newly found bottleo that has a really great range of beer and in Mildura of all places, this place never seems to stop amazing me.

I walked away with Shoefferhoffer Crystal, Schwelmer Pils and the new boag's thing; Wizard Smith's.

They had many beers I had never heard of before and I spoke to one of the guys in there, he is really keen to stock good quality beers. He showed me the Unibroue broucher and is stocking them in the near future, I asked about Raftman and he said it is limited and wasn't sure if could get it in.

He had 2 or 3 full fridges of imported beers, I would say he had over a hundred imported beers plus the usual swill and a few Australia micros, nothing new in the Australian range for me, apart from the boags. He also had a very good range of wine and all at fair prices.

anyone in Mildy needs some where to source the good stuff, that duncans place near coles is the go. I think it is also called Mildura fine wine or something along those lines.

So who I am going for in the finals...It is easy, my wife is a Port Supporter, so I am going for the Cats and my Dad is Manly supporter and no-one really likes Manly, I think I heard Des says he doesn't like them either, so it is the storm.
Have a good one, I'm about to weizen up at the pool in preparation for Roy & HG's call. I'll probably have to back Port just to annoy the melbourne types who are coming around. Wizard Smith coped a bit of a hiding on this site but its an ok attempt from a big brewery. Raftman is the only beer that Unibroue make that I though was crap - 3 pistoles OTOH is simply fantastic stuff. Bring on the hangover....

i moved from the country to get away from blokes running around in paddocks yelling.

drinking dunkelweizen today

I don't give a flying fuggle about the footy, but I'll be knocking off one bottle each of Emerson's Pilsner, 1812 IPA and Old 95 a little later on. Plus a longie of Coopers Sparkling; I need the yeast.

well done to geelong!

enjoyed watching while drinking some js golden, and a stubbie of disappointing boags wizard smith.
time to drink some home brew pilsner.

Strueth, a GF won by one point last year and record hiding this year. Today's game was a real let-down.

The Shoeff went well, the wizard was OK but not a bad effort by a large brewery, it was clean and did have some malt character, a little bit like VB original.

The Schwelmer will wait for tomorrow.

My Emerson's pils was grassy & vegetal and the IPA was oxidised :( However, the old '95 is almost making up for it.

i got stuck into CSA instead, good day, nice and quiet :)

Yeah - the game was about as exciting as watching VB being poured!

Very sad day for football :(

Andy

Drowning My sorrows with pils,stout,.ocky,lager

Latest posts

Back