Fermentor Storage Idea And Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drireech

Reaction score
Hi

I currently have the an issue maintaining the correct temps on four 20L fermenters. I always tend to brew similar beers in lots of four or six. As I don't have enough room for 3 more fridges, I was thinking of custom making my own 'fermentor box'.

The design:
A 3000 x 600 x 600 insulated plywood box (also doubling as a bench seat in my bar)
A TempMate Temperature Controller
An internal 100w heat lamp
A computer fan for air movement

The Questions:

I believe I have the heating side covered, but am unsure on how to manage the cooling. I would like to manage temps between 10-24 degrees C and would like to have a cooling device that would fit nicely within one of the ends of the box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi

I currently have the an issue maintaining the correct temps on four 20L fermenters. I always tend to brew similar beers in lots of four or six. As I don't have enough room for 3 more fridges, I was thinking of custom making my own 'fermentor box'.

The design:
A 3000 x 600 x 600 insulated plywood box (also doubling as a bench seat in my bar)
A TempMate Temperature Controller
An internal 100w heat lamp
A computer fan for air movement

The Questions:

I believe I have the heating side covered, but am unsure on how to manage the cooling. I would like to manage temps between 10-24 degrees C and would like to have a cooling device that would fit nicely within one of the ends of the box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
It'll need to be a fridge compressor, perhaps two depending on the size of the unit, the quality of your insulation and your habits with opening the door. Nothing else will do it - you can forget about peltiers etc. By the time you're done, it will almost certainly prove to have been easier, cheaper and more compact to buy a chest freezer or commercial fridge large enough for your purposes

Latest posts

Back