Fermenting In Garage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
Having moved recently I no longer have a dedicated fermenting room. Is there an issue with fermenting in the garage? Temp is not an issue as it is well insulated. My only thought was starting up the car in there may impart some unwanted diesel esters in my brew. I'm working on a fermentation fridge but it is still a couple of brews away.

Just wondering if anyone else does this with no adverse results?

Cheers,

JD

My garage is about 35C most of the day. I ferment Saisons in there.

There's a yeast for every occasion.

The fermentor should be blowing CO2, not sucking air in. It will be ok.

QldKev

My garage is about 35C most of the day. I ferment Saisons in there.

There's a yeast for every occasion.

Sounds like i've found my next brew. Do saisons stand up to no chill? Mini boil for late hops, seeds and orange peel?

Sounds like i've found my next brew. Do saisons stand up to no chill? Mini boil for late hops, seeds and orange peel?

I'm not making them to style anymore. Pretty much using the Belgian Saison yeast with an APA grain and hop bill at 30C+.

Dunno what you'd call them, but they're freakin wicked. Like a really dry APA with a silky mouth feel, huge head and an insane fruitness to go with the american hops.

I no chill everything including saisons and I make no adjustments for late hops. Will be fine. I don't add spices to my saisons.

I'm not making them to style anymore. Pretty much using the Belgian Saison yeast with an APA grain and hop bill at 30C+.

Dunno what you'd call them, but they're freakin wicked. Like a really dry APA with a silky mouth feel, huge head and an insane fruitness to go with the american hops.

I know what im going to be brewing this summer :D! Sounds awesome

Will the saison still chugg on if it cools down at night? or only if its always around 30 degs

Sounds interesting. Will have to give it a go while it's still hot.

Latest posts

Back