Fermenting Fridge - Free To Good Home

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwmingis

Reaction score
Hi all,

My fermenting fridge stopped cooling this week. The motor runs however. I think it just needs gassing, but not sure. It's in good nick and has served me well as a fermenting fridge for the past 2 years. If anyone wants it, please let me know. I would fix it or gas it myself, but have found a 240L, so it's time to upgrade. (the missus'l let me have a big one if I let her keep wine in the top half, hope she's thinking reds! ;) )

Its approximately 84cm High x 51cm Deep x 51 cm Wide. The make is Centrex and I don't know the model, about 80W though. See photo:

dsc03135lb4.jpg

Note, the extra aluminium shelf may or may not be included depending if I can make it fit in my new one, it was a gift from a mate. There is a glass one that came with, plus all the other bits and pieces that you probably won't need.

I'm based in Coogee/Sydney, pick up only.

Cheers,

Rob

I'd love to have it!

PM me when would be a good time over the next week and your address.

Thanks a million,

Michael

Taker backed out. Apparently it's a little costly to gas a fridge? It's still available to someone handy or with access to gassing equipment. Otherwise to the tip it goes... :(

Taker backed out. Apparently it's a little costly to gas a fridge? It's still available to someone handy or with access to gassing equipment. Otherwise to the tip it goes... :(

I think your going to have to pay the tip fee.

Batz

If your happy to drop it to Stanmore I'll take it of your hands...

I have no car, and I don't think the bus driver will like me getting on with a fridge....

Don't want to put too much a damper on this free fridge, but;

Re-gassing is for mugs! It will still leak gas! (send your money to me for advice for same end result)

If it has the condenser in the walls, then fixing it is only for the hobbiest fridge mechanic with no work and no life!

Just telling it like it is.

All Waste Transfer stations and scrap metal merchants take fridges at no charge.

Most Councils have a Kerbside cleanup service that's free.

If it has a Danfoss compressor, the starter is worth keeping for a spare!

I bet it doesn't have a working light globe inside! ;)

I intend to use it as an insulated box to stick in my already cool garage and just chuck some frozen 2L bottles in if needed...

I intend to use it as an insulated box to stick in my already cool garage and just chuck some frozen 2L bottles in if needed...

Good call. I had a broken upright freezer doing exactly that. Two frozen 1.25 litre bottles on the top (and only) shelf, changing each morning. It kept a good a temp.

Pollux,

I've PM'd you, I'm glad it will still get some good use. There seems to be a bit of "just send it to the tip" attitude out there. I'll drop it off this week.

Cheers,

Rob

And replied.

I am on multiple freecycle sites for that reason, i have a lockup garage and no car, I am destined to gather stuff, and stuff that is useful is even better.......

I really need to clean out my piles of computer parts and other crap, it's taking up beer brewing space...

And replied.

I am on multiple freecycle sites for that reason, i have a lockup garage and no car, I am destined to gather stuff, and stuff that is useful is even better.......

I really need to clean out my piles of computer parts and other crap, it's taking up beer brewing space...

Hi Pollux,

Glad you can use it. Let us know how you go with the ice chilling regime.

Rob

Latest posts

Back