Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutaneer

Reaction score
So this week I took delivery of a heap of different fresh juices,
As such I'm out of suitable fermenters.

Is there any issues with using the below "plastic" bottle for primary fermentation of one of my batches of cider.

It's been fully cleaned and sterilised as per my usual regieme which has never had an infection.

Also, I'm contemplating using these style bottles to rack into as they would free up my larger fermenters to get another primary batch on sooner.

If not, I'll transferr out another batch to some sterilised swing top bottles for racking.

2014-05-04 15.00.36.jpg

So long as they are clean and sanitised I can't see why they would be a problem. I have modified some of my FWK cubes to ferment half batches of beer and cider and they work fine.

Good to hear.
the lids seal suprisingly well too, and the bottles are included in the cost of my juice from the grower.
I usually return them for them to re-fill but keeping a few has turned out to be very handy for transferring/ temporary storage,
but I can see them being very good for longer term storage.

Also a note,
the rear fermenter is my usual "mixed" variety juice,
but the front has fresh 100% Cox's Orange Pippins, so it should produce a very nice cider.

Ok for fermentation but may be o2 permeable so not good for long term aging. Should be OK to rack into for a few days to let something clear before bottling but wouldn't want to let it sit for too long in there.

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back