Fermenter transfer temperature indication - idea with less valves/part

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adr_0

Gear Bod
Reaction score
So a lot of people (not those who no-chill) use a dial thermometer to show the temp of the wort going into the fermenter.

Usually this is a threaded tee piece, elbow and valve. I guess this is ok, but if I can minimise a threaded fitting or a valve then I think that's a good idea. They can also be painful to align, more to clean, etc.

I tried this today, and works a treat:
temp assembly.jpg
It's a female thread to 'capillary' (solder) connection, then a solder tee with a couple of tails.

The silicone hose to the top of screen goes to the plate chiller. Works an absolute treat and keeps the complications down on the brew rig.
temp in action.jpg
You can use some tie wire, cable tie, something rigid or a clip of some sort to keep the silicone hose on. It is just a short (30-40mm) section to slip over the copper tube and the fermenter tap.

I adjust my water flow through the chiller with a gate valve, but you could use the tap on the fermenter if you don't have control over the water flow.

Latest posts

Back