Fermenter Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arsenewenger

Reaction score
On my fermenter where the tap goes the thread seems to be bot doing up as tighly as it once did and I fear that one day i will lose the lot when trying to open the tap.
Has anyone modified there fermenter by fitting a new type of tap to it or even a bung and cutting another hole in the side and then fitting a different type of tap to it. the rest of the fermenter is fine and it would seem a shame to get rid of it for this reason, or am i just being tight

Thanks
AW

or get one of the taps with a pushdown level. thats way there's no turning of the tap persay. however it does mean that it you accidently knock the tap down it pisses out.

plumbers tape is a good suggestion.

another vote for plumbers tape :super: - don't forget to change it each brew so you eliminate another potential source of contamination.

I've also used 2 rubber seals which helped.

Just bought a couple of new taps including the pushdown / lift up ones to try

+1 on the Snap Taps.. Just bought 2 from BCF for $6.95 each, much easier to use and worth the little extra money, can be pulled apart much easier for cleaning and sanitising...... And no more 2 handed operation just to turn the tap.. :)
drump-taps-coloured.jpg

:icon_cheers: CB

+1 on the Snap Taps.. Just bought 2 from BCF for $6.95 each, much easier to use and worth the little extra money, can be pulled apart much easier for cleaning and sanitising...... And no more 2 handed operation just to turn the tap.. :)
drump-taps-coloured.jpg

:icon_cheers: CB
How do you fit a transfer hose onto these taps? Does the stem of a little bottler fit into them?
Nige

Yes, the little bottler still fits in and transfer hose still fits on also.... ;)

CB

Plumbers tape why didnt I think of that is so obvious now thanks heaps. also I think i will get me some of those taps though , would have loved orange though :rolleyes:

Back