Fermenter Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vajoiner

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Having another brew issue.

Im using an ESB Hoegarden Kit. SG 1036 (pretty low??) and has only been down for 24hrs.

Just went down to check on it and i know its good when the airlock is bubbling, but what about if it is vomiting???? The brew seems to have started coming through the airlcok and now has left a crust inside the airlock. Just sprayed some more sanitized water in there and that really didn't help..

Is this a problem. Have never seen this before. Last brew come out a bit funky so i put it down to not cleaning very well so this time i made sure i went a bit crazy.

Thanks in advanced for helping another NOOB!!

Think i got it sorted. Just going to clean it up and let it go.

Should i use a different airlock. Some people talk about a blow off for wheat beers.

Bingo, search for blow off tube, I always use one for my wheat beers. Essentially it's a tube that runs from your fermenter into another vessel with water or sanitiser in it. Make sure you keep the smaller jar/bottle lower than the fermenter to make sure you don't end up starting a syphon.

Its not a problem just use a blow off tube or keep cleaning it up and sanitizing

What temp is the fermenter at ?

bjay

Thanks Jakub.

Just to add to this it actualy even pushed coriander seeds through the airlock.

At the moment it is only at 18.

Have it in a bath with aquarium heaters but 1 blew out yesterday (dodgy big w crap). Got 1 coming later tonight so it should be running at around 20 degrees.

During the day it was at around 20 so nothing too high.

18 is fine. Just relax and let that yeast do all the work :)

Latest posts

Back