Ferment, condition and pressurise in one vessel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a lot of micros and larger breweries used them (unitanks)
from a home brew point of view the vessel you linked is a tad exy and probably a tad big and you'd also need a glycol chiller and control.

(Flame suit firmly secured) Williams warn do a pressure rated fermenter conical (single batch) with temp control for around the same price, they also have listed (but yet to be released) a 50L pressure fermenter keg based conical (noise is it'll come in around $1100)

Other than that I haven't seen a Uni at HB size or reasonable price point.

Myself I couldn't drink 13 kegs of the same beer

Mike

Not conical but I have just knocked up a 50ltr pressurised stainless steel fermenter. image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 200
I've just ordered a couple of these 50L (70L with headspace) jacketed conical fermentors. The photo shows the 100L, with the 50L on the left side half out of the pic.

I'm building a nano/pilot brewing system from scratch, and these vessels would do what you require and are much smaller. I think they also make a 200L version, then sizes at micro level.

Still pretty pricey, but a fraction of that price.

FV2.jpg

Funnily enough I just saw this advertised on the ANHC Facebook the other day and thought it was one hell of a good idea:

http://www.oxebar.com.au/fermentasaurus/

A pressurized PET conical fermenter with a bottle at the bottom for removing / harvesting yeast, and a floating dip tube to draw beer from the top of the vessel rather than the bottom. Genius.

I mean, practicality suggests that it wont replace 5 stainless kegs in my chest freezer due to the dimensions of the vessel, but I think it has the makings of a game changer. If they could do this sucker for <$100...

No affiliation, etc, etc. Thought it might be of interest.

Fermentasaurus-Pressure-System-300x300.jpg
Fermentasaurus-Pressure-Lid-300x300.jpg

Fermentasaurus-No-Pressure-Lid-300x300.jpg

Belgrave Brewer said:
I've just ordered a couple of these 50L (70L with headspace) jacketed conical fermentors. The photo shows the 100L, with the 50L on the left side half out of the pic.

I'm building a nano/pilot brewing system from scratch, and these vessels would do what you require and are much smaller. I think they also make a 200L version, then sizes at micro level.

Still pretty pricey, but a fraction of that price.
Who's the supplier/manufacturer? And what do you call pricey?

Tahoose said:
Not conical but I have just knocked up a 50ltr pressurised stainless steel fermenter.
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Did you anneal the edges of the top hole before beating it upwards?
I'm very tempted to give this a go

Dae Tripper said:
Where from?
malt junkie said:
Who's the supplier/manufacturer? And what do you call pricey?
They are from Brew-Tek. US company with offices in China where they are manufactured. Sales from http://www.brew-tek.com.au/ .

With shipping, port charges, taxes, etc., right around the $2000 mark each. Pressure rated to 2 bar. The 100L aren't much more and my plan is to buy a few of those next year. They also make non-jacketed versions which come in a little cheaper.

jeremy said:
Funnily enough I just saw this advertised on the ANHC Facebook the other day and thought it was one hell of a good idea:

http://www.oxebar.com.au/fermentasaurus/

A pressurized PET conical fermenter with a bottle at the bottom for removing / harvesting yeast, and a floating dip tube to draw beer from the top of the vessel rather than the bottom. Genius.

I mean, practicality suggests that it wont replace 5 stainless kegs in my chest freezer due to the dimensions of the vessel, but I think it has the makings of a game changer. If they could do this sucker for <$100...
Are these on the market yet?

The post on the ANHC Facebook account says they "will be available from November" and they have noted that this will be available from KegKing. Looking again I can see that the KegKing Facebook account has responded to a question on this thread with the following:

"The Price will most likely be under AUD$200"

So not the $100 I was thinking would be good, but it should be good enough to attract some punters. Who knows, high sales might bring the price down.

These are made by kegking im pretty sure

Certainly looks interesting and nothing stopping you doing a transfer to a corny under pressure to keep your existing serving arrangement in place.

Yeah, not "made by" KegKing, although if you believe the link I supplied above its not from a random Alibaba seller, its supposedly 100% Australian owned and operated.

Clever idea anyway, I think it will take off. Same idea as the OP vessel on a whole other level of scale and affordability.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

That 'Fermentasaurus' vessel is not made in China. Its a local job. From the makers website:

"Our production plant in Springvale, Victoria is home to the world’s first single stage PET blow moulding machine that is capable of manufacturing containers as large as 50 litres in size."

http://www.oxebar.com.au/the-oxebar-story/

Latest posts

Back