Female Bartenders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit of flaring now and then helps to pass the time and fight boredome on a 12 hour shift(been there done that). Also lets you know the drunkards as they are usually the ones overly impressed by the little show ;)

I don't mind a little bit but do it in the quiet times IMO. A full juggling act when someone is waiting for their drink is just not on.

Hello all.

Before having my own keg setup at home I assumed there was a reason behind the way the typical young females tend to pour beers at pubs. You know how they basically waste a pint of beer for every schooner they pour? Needlessly moving the glass up and down at the start creating a massive amount of froth, only to tip all the froth into the drop try and then fill it up some more and when at the top, keep going so that the froth tips over the side.

Is there any reason why they do this? Is it because of the way mega swill is made? What gives?

The way they do it they could be giving us all pints at schooner prices so to me this is quite a big issue haha.

Mmm... funny how you only seem to put "yound females" to blame... Perhaps you should steer clear of the topless joints, *******! Opsy, I mean Mark :p and try a venue that has a focus on the good stuff!

Being a professional brewer and someone that's been serving beers in bars since 16, OH and a Female, I can assure you that it's not only the Chicks! It happens top to bottom and side to side of this big brown land! And it occurs due to a mixture of lack of passion, knowledge and training! and on the odd occasion shit beer!!

Cocktail, great movie. hehe

I hate when they do as above and froth the beer heaps then not let it settle and jam the beer glass back up so that the crusty beer tap is inside my beer, the same tap that is consequently covered in dry froth/head muck from previous pints poored.

On occasion if your lucky they grab a grubby beer rag and wipe the beer tap nozzle.

I poor high carbonated beers into a rinsed glass as 4star does. I usually rinse my glass between pints.
My poor is slow with as little rousing as possible (i like my carbonation left in my beer) until 3/4 full then I lower the glass and poor directly through the middle to pop a little head on her.

Just imagine if that had handpumps in these pubs?

Those bartenders would be pumping so many times to get the 'right' pour with a little head...

I was taught to pour beer in two pulls back in my pub days, but to never waste any. The owner of one pub I worked in was so tight they would measure the beer wastage and make notes of bartenders who had a high level of wastage.

if they set a benchmark on wastage they can then start pouring beers correctly and start giving away free beer and pass it off as wastage. a lot of staff have been fired on that. its also a big bloody loss to the company esp when you are getting wastage on premuim imported stuff. its not that hard to learn to pur a beer properly. its lazyness

i gotter agree with fourstar on the fridge flavoured glasses. gross.

you're more likely to get a terribly poured beer in a restaurant than a pub, typically the more expensive the restaurant the worse your beer will be. wanker waiters who get offended if you want to pour your own beer, then pour it for you completely down the side of the glass so you have fizzy liquid with no head at all. and then charge you $11 for a CUB-made stella cause it's "imported".

or who pour a beer from a bottle then want to take away the bottle even though its still got an 1/2 inch of beer in the bottle but wont fit into your glass.

Or who wear green socks.

Buncha whingy pricks the lot of you.
i'm wearing green socks as it happens

i would put a tax on all people who stand in water

gumby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest gripe with female bartenders is how they pour me a drink, then walk it around the bar, sit next to me and hand deliver it. Next comes the "Come Hither" looks and usually it finishes up in the back room with her left on the floor still writhing in ecstacy.

It's a real pain, and I wish I could just get a glass of beer without all of the consistent sexual contact with the really hot ones. The not so nice looking ones just pour a glass of beer and side in my direction....

Oh Crap.. I'm awake again....

bloody hell there's some precious people in this thread :huh:

Edit: Woops was all a joke... Must be the Irish sense of humour :party:

ressurrecting this thread on the basis of the stupid idiotic teachings of how to pour beer.

see here - stella's new comp and the big son and dance on the 'Stella 9 step pout'. which is 9 steps of wasted beer.

The Removal
Your bartender then closes the tap with one quick action and moves the glass away from the font to prevent any drops from falling into the glass. These drops come into contact with the air and oxidize, which makes them unworthy of your glass of Stella Artois.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Cleansing
Your bartender then rinses the bottom and sides of the glass. This keeps the outside of the chalice clean and comfortable to hold.
They forgot to mention the addition of sink water to the pristine beer.

pure w@nk!

Mmm... funny how you only seem to put "yound females" to blame... Perhaps you should steer clear of the topless joints, *******! Opsy, I mean Mark :p and try a venue that has a focus on the good stuff!

Who said they can't pour a good beer in a topless joint :lol:

At the Bribie Pub the barmaids are of the age that they call everyone 'darls' or 'poss'

Back