Favourite brewing blogs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradmccoy

Reaction score
There are lots of brewing blogs out there and a lot of them are not very good.

Anyone have any favourites (maybe including your own) that are worth sharing?

Thanks.

Thanks guys. Mad Ferm. is one of my favs too. Will check those others out.

I have blog which I posted too daily in 2008 on every new beer I had. Living in the UK at the time made it quite interesting and had over 200 returning visitors a day at the time. In 2009 it changed focus into taking the piss out of CAMRA and the intellectualisation of beer. This pushed readers up to over 3000. I moved back to Australia in Aug 2009 and the blog slowed down. Its tumbleweed now but still gets about 500 hits a week.
www.thebeerdiary.com

The Beerengineblog is pretty good IMHO.

Run by Michael Dawson of Brewing TV...

Michael Dawson's blog, of BrewingTV fame, is a great read. He's now a brand manager for Wyeast so there may be some bias towards them.

http://thebeerengineblog.com

Edit: Kevo beat me to it! Missed it by that much!

moosebeer said:
Michael Dawson's blog, of BrewingTV fame, is a great read. He's now a brand manager for Wyeast so there may be some bias towards them.

http://thebeerengineblog.com

Edit: Kevo beat me to it! Missed it by that much!
By one minute - I watch the old Brewing TV episodes fairly often and I've really only ever seen him use Wyeast (and the very occasional dry yeast) so probably not much would change. I think Wyeast were sponsors of BTV.

If I had a source of excellent quality yeast for free I'd probably be biased towards them too!

Kev

BTW - Shutupaboutbarclayperkins is also great as mentioned by some others...

Dawson is on the latest episode of Chop & Brew (hosted by Chip Walton, another one of the old Brewing TV guys), and he was spruiking a new limited edition Wyeast strain. Doesn't bother me or anything, apparently Wyeast donated the product for free so Dawson would talk about it, which is alright by me. He made it clear that he was the brand manager for Wyeast etc, not like he was trying to fool anybody.

A tad off topic, but maybe not...

The old episodes of Brewing TV are excellent (up until about Episode 68), but stumbled on a new episode this evening, Episode 72, been out a week or so... not so flash sadly, pity that it's been put out as Brewing TV as it really doesn't stand up to the older episodes.

Latest posts

Back