Favourite Beer style & Favourite food

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last meal would Oysters and Coopers Stout.

....A dozen of each

Topher said:
Last meal would Oysters and Coopers Stout.

....A dozen of each
As I live about 30-45mins from one of NSW best, pure estuary water oyster growing areas at Wooli...you dont know how good fresh oysters and stout can taste...life sucks sitting on the beach with Coopers Stout and Wooli oysters pulled straight from the water and shucked within the hour

Ducatiboy stu said:
As I live about 30-45mins from one of NSW best, pure estuary water oyster growing areas at Wooli...you dont know how good fresh oysters and stout can taste...life sucks sitting on the beach with Coopers Stout and Wooli oysters pulled straight from the water and shucked within the hour
Pre shucked or do prefer to you shuck yourself?

Dont mind shucking them.....up untill I stab my self...then I prefer the lady in the shop to do them

I was in some tiny town on the coast north of Galway in Ireland. "Fresh-caught oysters" the sign said. I'm all, "Feck Yeah, guiness and oysters, give me a dozen oysters and a pint of Guiness." They looked at me and said, "You sure you want a dozen?" (Or some Irish-accented approximation thereof.) Yep, damn straight. Out came a platter the size of the table with 12 oysters each as large as a size 10 shoe. It was...an effort.

Stout with caramels and salty popcorn.
A nice hoppy, amber ale with fried chicken.
Saison and beef stew.
Pilsener and hot chips.
A dark Belgian with a steak.
Wee heavy and fried whiting.

Mmm, wee heavy. Love traquiar house ale. Any recommendations?

Any of you guys been to the oyster bar in the downstairs area of grand central station? At any one given moment they have at least like about 20 or 30 different varieties of fresh oysters on offer, and a beer menu that would give any craft beer bar a run for its money.

Highly recommended! Hell it's so good a mate of mine even proposed to his missus there.

menu: http://cdnob.responsiveny.com/pdf/dailymenu.pdf

Its not the 'blue oyster bar' from the Police Academy movies ?????

If not, then no...

Back