Favourite And Cheapest Bottle Shops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got some junk mail from Bottle Mart, it lists their Brisbane stores, they will give you a discount of 4cents a litre if you bring a fuel docket in and spend over $40 at their stores. I spent about $70 there last week before they started that offer. Doh!

International Beer Shop in West Leederville, WA.

For $0 join up and get 10% off.

For out-of-towners I think they do mail order for when you simply must have THAT beer.

See www.internationalbeershop.com.au

No affiliation but just like to see a worthwhile business do well.

Cellarbrations at Greenhill Rd in Glenside, Adelaide is good, particularly for pommie beers, Most of the Pommie 500ml bottles are in the $8-9 range though. Buy a mixed six pack for 10% off. Owner manager has also been known to swap a bottle for an all grain home brew :) - though I don't know that he makes a habit of this.

No scoffing please, but when I am shopping for decent beer I really don't pay much attention to the price. Finding something new to try is the real thrill of the hunt.

I live down the road from First Estate Gladesville Sydney, big fan of there mix and match 6 pack which gets you 10% off. Biggest Range i have seen, but then again i haven't seen Vintage Cellars Beecroft

Will

Kungy
Beecroft doesnt have a range that leaves you drooling in front of the fridge, but its got the favourites well & truely covered. I picked up a 6 pack of Urquell & a 6 pack of Budvar, both surprisingly fresh tasting. Scored a shitload of glassware from some old promos too. The collection is looking better.
Catch Ya
James

alien boy go to grumpys they have an alt on tap callled auld fokker it a top drop

The bottleshop that is part of Harris Farm Market at Riverside in Parramatta always has a good selection of German, Belgian plus other imported beers.

Beers,
Doc

Does anyone from Sydney of a bottleshop that sells barleywine. First Estate Gladesville used to have the Grand Ridge Barley wine, but have discontinued it. I would love to get a commercial version (preferrably in a stubby for obvious reasons) to guage whether i should give it a crack in the future.

Cheers

Will

Kungy-
look out for Gold Label barley wine by Whitbread from UK, widely available in Aus.
and a fine example of the genre.

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
look out for Gold Label barley wine by Whitbread from UK, widely available in Aus.
and a fine example of the genre.
[post="60238"][/post]​

Anyone from Sydney know if and where this is availible from

Thanks Vlad

Will

Found another good bottle shop in Sydney today.
Chambers Cellars at 136 Victoria Road, Parramatta.
I bought some Czech Beers, but they also had a good selection of German and some Belgian.

Beers,
Doc

Goodwood Cellars on Goodwood Road in Goodwood, Adelaide, are a very friendly bunch. Good range also. Went in there as part of a quest to try and find some Californian Ales. The only bottle shop who didn't just give me the "No, don't stock them" line, but actually took my number and said "We like a bit of a challenge".

They got back to me the next week, even the news wasn't good, I was impressed by their efforts. If you want to support a good independent bottlo, I recommend them.

For Perth people I certainly cant recommend the Malaga tavern. My visit there after work tonight went like this:

Bartender: HI, what'll you have?
Me: a little creatures
B: <completely blank look> eh? whats that?
M: its a beer, made here in freo
B: never heard of it
M: oh well, I'll have a guinness
B: I think we have that
Some other barfly: its a pity you dont have it on tap, the cans suck
B: What are you talking about? Are you trying to say you can get guinness on tap?

We only go there because its 500m from work, and there's nothing else in the area. Otherwise I'd avoid it like the plague

Just stumbled across a very impressive selection of beers at Cellarbrations, cnr Orrong Rd. and Wright St. Belmont, just a few lamp posts from WCB HQ.

Most of the Aussie micros, NZ, Belgian and Pom, all in quantity.

I picked up a couple of Lord Nelsons, Mountain Goats, Black Wattle, O'Briens.
And to accompany the rugby on the telly atm, a Macs Sassy Red, Crystal and Saaz, interesting.

just dropped $64 at cellarbrations :blink: on 7 bottles of beer and 2 glasses :)
one is a 750 of Duvel though.

I think that the international beer shop has really dropped the ball, it was once a pleasure to go their, but now their range of English beers sucks, still good for Belgians but not like it used to be. I recommend the Freo Doctor, they have a good range and have about 10 beers in stock that I recommended they get in and they are nice blokes too.

Wow - a two year old thread is reborn, nice job Vlad!

I'm a fan of Cloud Wine Cellars in South Melbourne - great staff and great beer selection.

They have a nice little "beer blog" with tasting notes and price lists too. Not bad for $5 delivery in VIC...

Of course, G&G has a pretty good choice these days too. Don't forget to re-mortgage your house before going though... Just under $9 for an Emerson's is getting up there.

Anyone recommend a good bottle shop in Brisbane, preferably Northside. Looking for Belgium Ales in particular. Heard that there is a good shop somewhere at Tarragindi, but not sure where it is.

Cheers
Jimmy

Anyone in the Belconnen area of Canberra, the Bottl'O next to the Caltex (just near Coulter Drive intersection with Southern Cross Dr) has a great range of world beers.

They also stock LCPA and a massive range of Matilda Bay specialties like Alpha Pale Ale (although that is insanely expensive!! $5 for a 345ml)

Edit: Plus they stock Bellevue Kriek which keeps the missus happy :)

bottles.jpg
Even with 5 kegs full of different beers, I still like a taste of a few commercial beers every now and again :)

Latest posts

Back