Best Adelaide Bottleshop?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kieren

Reaction score
Hi all Adelaidians,

I'll be making my monthly visit to Adelaide this weekend to stock up on all things beer and brewing related that I can't get here in this hole (whyalla) and wanted to know peoples opinion on which bottle shop offers the best range and prices, particularly belgian and other europian imports. I've been to Cellarbrations on Greenhill Rd (now known as something else which I forget) who have a good range but are little pricey compared to Dan Murphey's or 1st Choice Liquor. Are there any other decent bottle shops, especially in the southern areas?

Cheers
KV

Probably not the best on price, but the Bottle shop at the Bar on Gouger has some good European beers iv'e not seen elswhere. They have a large range of beer glasses for sale as well.

Cellabrations opposite Holdens in salisbury have a good range.
U get a discounr when you buy a mixed six pack of their imported range.

Will you time to stop by the BrewInn while you are down this way?

Where is the BrewInn?

Wouldn't mind stopping by the Worldsend to try the new JS porter, won't get time to get to Grumpy's.

KV

A couple of suggestions for you:

- The Royal Oak in O'Connell St, North Adelaide
- Cellarbrations on Fullarton Rd, Fullarton has a constantly changing range of English beers.
- Dan Murphys are worth a look, when they've got their stock levels up
- BWS on Kensington Rd used to have a great range of Belgian beers but have cut back to make more space for more important stuff like cask wine :eek: . They did have some fantastic runout prices on their stock for a while but I suspect that's long gone...

HTH

Dave

The one on Greenhill road is called 'plonk' for some reason now. Still pretty good

Where is the BrewInn?

Wouldn't mind stopping by the Worldsend to try the new JS porter, won't get time to get to Grumpy's.

KV

The BrewInn is my Place in Lyndoch at the start of the Barossa Valley.
I have six beers on tap in the Bar. :super:

- Cellarbrations on Fullarton Rd, Fullarton has a constantly changing range of English beers.
- BWS on Kensington Rd

Thats pretty much the Adelaide top 4,all goodsuggestions

The Royal Oak gets my vote. You could also stop in at the Wheaty. The Royal Oak will probably have everything that they have but you can have some Little Creatures, Mountain Goat and JS on tap including a hand pumped IPA while you are there.

good point Aaron, most people get well and truly "cactused" at the Wheatie and forget you can buy takeaways there. I get those 500ml Kiwi APA & IPA's there.

Thanks for suggestions.

Probably won't get time to pop in to the BrewInn, maybe next time I take some time off work I'll take you up on the offer, GMK

Cheers
Kieren

A couple of suggestions for you:

- BWS on Kensington Rd used to have a great range of Belgian beers but have cut back to make more space for more important stuff like cask wine :eek: . They did have some fantastic runout prices on their stock for a while but I suspect that's long gone...

HTH

Dave

Dropped into BWS on Kensington Rd for the first time in a while and I couldn't believe it. The range has been stripped to barely mediocre. I was only after a Fuller's ESB for crissakes. The only even moderately interesting Brit beer was the Old Speckled Hen.
Sheesh.

Any other updates to this list apart from Bar on Gouger and the Wheatie?
Particularly seeking Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Timmy T's Landlord.

Goodwood Cellars has a reasonable range of beer. Found some Aventinus Weizen Eisbock there last week plus they have some new Belgian beers I had not seen before.

Melbourne Street Cellars have a few beers from Brasserie du Bocq as well.

C&B
TDA

Fassina's on Oaklands Road had a few decent beers when I was last there. I only had a quick look, I was more interested in grabbing some of the cheap old wines. Good range of belgiums, Rochefort, Chimay, Westmalle plus a few others.

There's a bottle shop in a pub on Norwood Parade which had a really wide but relatively expensive range of imports, English, Belgians and Emersons IPA!

That was in April, I don't remember the pub name but maybe "Royal Oak?

Thanks for the additional info.
Dropped into the Royal Oak in North Adelaide this afternoon and picked up aforementioned Fullers ESB and a Landlord.
They don't have SNPA at the moment but they say they generally stock it when available from their suppliers.
Cheers.

Been to a couple of bottleshops recently.

Plonk has plenty of Sierra Nevada at $8 a stubby :eek: . Their English Ale range seems to have dwindled to a few Badgers beers, some Deuchars IPA and Waggledance from Youngs.

Melbourne Street Cellars have Trios Mont at $15 for a big bottle and Matilda Bay Alpha Pale in stubbies ($4).

C&B
TDA

Plonk has plenty of Sierra Nevada at $8 a stubby :eek: . Their English Ale range seems to have dwindled to a few Badgers beers, some Deuchars IPA and Waggledance from Youngs.

Hopefully that's just a temporary lapse.
I was there a few weeks back and their British Range was solid without being spectacular.
I picked up a Deuchars IPA, Bishops Finger, Adnams SSB and Broadside and a Young's St George's.
There were a reasonable number of the other usual suspects on the shelf as well.
I'll cry if Hamood's goes downhill as well.
:(

Any change from 2006? Staying in Adelaide and was after a recommendation for a bottle shop that stocks SA microbrews.

Latest posts

Back