• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fat *******'s Garage Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Bastard

Brew Cvlt Doom
Reaction score
Time to clean up the shed to keep the peace. Sensible offers considered.

First up is a very fine 20l Jomack urn in perfect working order. I bought this from Woolbrew a few years ago and used it very successfully as a HLT with my first rig. It has a 2400w exposed element with a rheostat and I've fitted it with a 1/2" valve. It's a little on the small side for 23 litre batches, but it's big enough to heat the strike water and the sparge water seperately. On the lower settings it takes just about as long as a mash to get the sparge water to 78 degrees. Comes with jacket. $50 pickup from Manly Vale NSW or postage to be negotiated.
077_zps488d2c85.jpg

078_zpsde5ac440.jpg

079_zps6d54372a.jpg

Next up is a HERMS controller with Little Brown Pump, throttle valve and 8l Aldi 2200w urn, ready drilled to accept a HERM-IT coil. Ramps at a shade under 1 degree/minute.

The controller is an Omron E5GN PID with and Omron 10A relay and 12v powersuply and pot for fine tuning the pump flow for easy metering during fly sparging. I'll throw in a couple of 12mm compression fittings for the coil. To make this a going concern, you'd need to obtain the HERMS coil and a couple of glands to mount it, a PT100 temp probe and some fittings & silicone hose to suit. The box has been wired by pro electricians using industrial grade components, but please use your discretion when using electronics from an unknown source. It has done 40 odd brews and has never burnt my house down, not even a little bit. I haven't tested the pump, but it worked last time I used it. $150 pickup from Manly Vale NSW or postage to be negotiated. If you live reasonably locally, I'm happy to assist with setting this up to work with your rig.

084_zps394430fb.jpg
083_zps9a8e8aa1.jpg

080_zpsf65acd5f.jpg
082_zpsd7162473.jpg
081_zpsa14d0651.jpg
ff8ab3fd-5f5d-43b5-ae42-244906d7ab5f_zps778d8ef2.jpg
f3b898da-4972-403b-bb22-7ab28d91df48_zpsf4b2bdee.jpg

Make me an offer. I've also got a 90l vessel up for grabs, will post up pics tomorrow. I was looking for 250 as it's a heavy duty sanitary welded unit better than a Blichmann, that would cost 4 times that, but I'm willing to negotiate downwards on it.
I'm more than willing to take offers on the above gear too, so don't hesitate to drop me a pm.

Good to see you made use of the urn. Hope your sale goes well.

Cheers WoolBrew.

WoolBrew said:
Good to see you made use of the urn. Hope your sale goes well.

Cheers WoolBrew.
It's been an awesome urn mate, to be honest, Im having second thoughts about selling it as it's been the boiler for the Christmas pud for the last couple of years!

But it's under orders to go, so go it must!

Here's the pics of the 90l pot:

069_zps68ece067.jpg
071_zpsbdf65710.jpg

072_zps19afb65e.jpg
073_zps788ddada.jpg
074_zpsf0772bf7.jpg
075_zpsf209b06a.jpg

Make me an offer on the above gear... I have the equipment and know how to make it work with your rig. If you own a gas burner or and associated hardware and an old esky (and a Herm-It coil, and false bottom to suit your mash tun) I can make all this stuff work as a 3v herms rig capable of double batches with stepped mashes. Will throw in whatever hardware I have on hand to make it work, and am happy to negotiate for cash + beer adjustment.

Did I mention that I'll consider any offer now? Will post where possible. Will deliver personally within a reasonable drive from Sydney (I suppose that means between Nowra, Newcastle and Lithgow)

Come on, someone must want my cast offs? If you buy the hermit coil and have it shipped to me, I'll personally fit everything up and test it to make sure it works, and run you through a brew day with it. If you buy the big pot, I'll punch hloes to your spec. Free!

Will take any offer, including beer, blacksmithing gear including plough discs or truck drum brakes shells, doom metal records and old Ducati parts or what-have-you.

This stuff must go, so make the Fat ******* an offer!

looks the goods mate, just built a 5L one like that myself and am really looking forward to using the thing..

mines not as blingy though, I just put 3m of copper coil into it :)

Mate, if you want thread-taped joints, you can have 'em. Just specify how many turns you'll need to ensure a tight seal, eskimo boy.

The joints in mine are all taped, never been an issue, the path of least resistance is still the outlet.

Hey mate, interested in getting into all grain, just up in collaroy. You around over the weekend to have a look at?

20l urn is now sold. Thanks Simon!
Rest of the gear us still up for grabs, although I've got another customer coming around tomorrow for a squizz.

Controller, pump and 8l urn now sold.

Big pot still available. Make me an offer!

Latest posts

Back