Farmhouse Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
is anyone else having problems ordering from these guys?
i finally got an email telling me to save my order and they would send me a paypal request, i have resent it a few times
but no correspondence to date. maybe it's holiday season or something?

That sounds bout right I saved my order and it took about 5 to 7days for him to sent me the paypal with the right shipping cost on it

relax, im sure it will be fine, your saving a bit of dough, he seems to be a busy man, nice bloke, ive spoken to him a few times, if you need it quicker in future, buy locally/elsewhere.

I recently had a great experience with this mob. Sent him an email, he told me the same, save the order etc then next day i had a paypal request which i paid and he sent it within 24 hours. 10 days later i had the goods. It worked like a dream.

I'd go back to him for sure.

My stuff arrived probably two weeks ago, so pretty recent.

ChiCompany had a 'Pre Labor Day sale' over the weekend: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=57525
and it seems that the 1st Monday in Sept is a holiday in the USA, so a holiday-season excuse sounds about right.

BTW: Ordered my stuff from Chi @ Midnight last night, got the confirmation and checked stuff online with Matt and had my shipping number before 11am today.

is anyone else having problems ordering from these guys?
i finally got an email telling me to save my order and they would send me a paypal request, i have resent it a few times
I got all my perlik taps ok. It did take a month or so and they over charged me on the freight but it was reimbursed and everything turned out fine. Im not complaining I did expect it to take a fair while.

Sent an email to these guys asking for quote of postage, no reply so just spent my money elsewhere.

ChiCompany had a 'Pre Labor Day sale' over the weekend: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=57525
and it seems that the 1st Monday in Sept is a holiday in the USA, so a holiday-season excuse sounds about right.

BTW: Ordered my stuff from Chi @ Midnight last night, got the confirmation and checked stuff online with Matt and had my shipping number before 11am today.
thanks wolfy, this mob look the goods, if i don't hear by tomorrow i'll give these guys a go :icon_cheers:

thanks wolfy, this mob look the goods, if i don't hear by tomorrow i'll give these guys a go :icon_cheers:

I had the same problem, waited at least 2 weeks for the paypal money order. No response, so i went to the CHicompany and it all worked a dream, had my stuff here within 2 weeks.

I had the same problem, waited at least 2 weeks for the paypal money order. No response, so i went to the CHicompany and it all worked a dream, had my stuff here within 2 weeks.
he just lost my business, have ordered today from chi, they advised a back order on 1 product but gave eta of 2 days, very impressive and promt service.
they are upront with realistic postage at checkout too.

I never heard back from Chi when I wanted a quote for shipping 6 perkicks, shanks and tap handles.

Anyway, my order from Farmhouse Brewing Supply just arrived, it was posted on the 6/10 (which is the 7th here) and arrived on the 21/10, so exactly 2 weeks in transit.

6x S/S Perlick 525
6x S/S 4" Shanks
6x tap handles

shipping to sydney

worked out to 61.15 USD delivered per tap :)

You can't even buy a 4" s/s shank in Australia for that price!

Very happy (again)

And my JG fittings arrived from Ross yesterday too!

I never heard back from Chi when I wanted a quote for shipping 6 perkicks, shanks and tap handles.
Yeah, I didn't get a reply from an email to Chi, however they have an 'instant chat' thing on the website, and (during USA business hours) I got an instant response to all the questions I had.

Used Chi a few times now and goods were shipped within 2days of order... and usually arrived within 15 days.

It's worth making the phone call and speaking to someone if you want an instant response... when their inbox keeps filling it's easy to be forgotten!

Back