Farmhouse Brewing - Thank You.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear09

Reaction score
Hi All.

If you are in the market for perlick taps I would highliy recommend Farmhouse Brewing in the US (run a google). No affiliations etc.

I have purchased 3 Perlick taps (2 Perlick SS425's and 1 Perlick SS 525 CREAMER) from him. They have been fast to arrive and his comms have been great.

I love my taps. They look awesome the the 525 creamer is incredible the way it pours with a thick rich creamy head.

All up I spent $170 and that was in two separate lots including postage. With our dollar so good it only cost me 160 AU.

If you are in the market for taps - DO IT.

Cheers.

Hi All.

If you are in the market for perlick taps I would highliy recommend Farmhouse Brewing in the US (run a google). No affiliations etc.

I have purchased 3 Perlick taps (2 Perlick SS425's and 1 Perlick SS 525 CREAMER) from him. They have been fast to arrive and his comms have been great.

I love my taps. They look awesome the the 525 creamer is incredible the way it pours with a thick rich creamy head.

All up I spent $170 and that was in two separate lots including postage. With our dollar so good it only cost me 160 AU.

If you are in the market for taps - DO IT.

Cheers.

Just recieved my taps, and I would agree :)

Nice, I just might get some of these. How does the creamer tap work? Could this be used to pour normal beers, as well as ones you want a creamy head with? I like the idea, just don't want to be drawing half a glass of head.

Nice, I just might get some of these. How does the creamer tap work? Could this be used to pour normal beers, as well as ones you want a creamy head with? I like the idea, just don't want to be drawing half a glass of head.

I believe you pull forward for a normal pour and push back for extra froth

I bought creamers for use as normal taps so that on those occasions where you have a dull pour you can spice it up a bit at the end

I'm just about to buy some taps from these guys. $115 delivered for two taps, shanks, tail piece and disconnects is too good to pass up, all stainless too! I'm getting them to throw in a few packets of nottingham too, at $1.80 i can't go wrong :)

What sort of taps did you get Ekul?

The creamer tap works perfectly as a normal tap. You just pull it forward for a normal pour.

When you want some thick foam (only if you need it - typically English ales that are low on the carb) you press the tap back and a foam will ooze from the tap.

Easy as and works a treat.

Home brewers in the US have it made. They have an awesome variety of bloody everything and its so dam cheap.

:icon_offtopic: Creamer question: I originally thought they were a great idea but now that I'm finally kegging I wondering...why can't you just half open your standard tap to get foam.

I currently pour through a bronco tap as I'm slowly collecting bits and pieces - half open pours foam. Do the Perlick 425s do the same?

:icon_offtopic: Creamer question: I originally thought they were a great idea but now that I'm finally kegging I wondering...why can't you just half open your standard tap to get foam.

I currently pour through a bronco tap as I'm slowly collecting bits and pieces - half open pours foam. Do the Perlick 425s do the same?

This is what I do with my perlicks :ph34r:

QUOTE (jakub76 @ May 18 2011, 11:46 PM)
Creamer question: I originally thought they were a great idea but now that I'm finally kegging I wondering...why can't you just half open your standard tap to get foam.

This is what I do with my perlicks

This is what I do with my perlicks :ph34r:

Yeah you sure can and I am sure that works totally fine. The creamer is about $2 dearer and I really got it just to check it out and I really liked it. Certainly not a necessity but nice to have.

dcx3- I'm getting 2x 525 stainless steal perlicks, shanks, handle etc, everything I need besides gas line. I haven't actually placed the order yet, i just wanted to make sure the postage wasn't crazy. I've seen other people report that its around $15, so thats cool. I also wanted to know if i can sneak in some extras as well, like some hops.

dcx3- I'm getting 2x 525 stainless steal perlicks, shanks, handle etc, everything I need besides gas line. I haven't actually placed the order yet, i just wanted to make sure the postage wasn't crazy. I've seen other people report that its around $15, so thats cool. I also wanted to know if i can sneak in some extras as well, like some hops.

Postage for that will be about $20-$25 US.

I personally would not buy hops because it takes about 2 weeks for the package to arrive. Dont hops go down hill fast at room temp?

Also, customs may stop them from coming in.

Are you talking from experience? I thought the small flat rate box was $15 and the medium was $52? An in between size would be good because i've just been quoted $52 for shipping two lots of perlicks, shjanks and tailpieces, which sounds a little expensive.

Hops are fine imported too, i import them all the time. AS long as they are pellets and lebelled they get through customs no worries, takes 7-10days. I haven't noticed any decline in freshness either.

Postage for that will be about $20-$25 US.

I personally would not buy hops because it takes about 2 weeks for the package to arrive. Dont hops go down hill fast at room temp?

Also, customs may stop them from coming in.

Hops are fine imported too, i import them all the time. AS long as they are pellets and lebelled they get through customs no worries, takes 7-10days. I haven't noticed any decline in freshness either.

Yep, not a problem with pellets.

Flowers on the other hand.....Big No No

Are you talking from experience? I thought the small flat rate box was $15 and the medium was $52? An in between size would be good because i've just been quoted $52 for shipping two lots of perlicks, shjanks and tailpieces, which sounds a little expensive.

small pack may fit 3 taps, shanks etc, he's checking it for me. Definately 2 though. cost $16. Medium pack will fit 3 taps, shanks etc with room spare. cost $50 something.

small pack is 4lb in weight, medium is 7lb in weight.

My freezer is full of imported hop pellets, they are fine. His price would be O.K. to fill a box up, it's not bulk prices though.
Cheers

The creamer on my celli's never get used :ph34r:

I paid $15 postage for 3 taps, Shanks, Handles w/tailpieces/nut etc.

I asked if i could squeeze some QD's in but as was mentioned above, next size up was required at $50-odd

I got quoted the same as Ben for three taps and whatnot

I asked for two shanks,2x 525 SS perlicks, 2xtailpieces, 2x dy yeast, 2x tap handles and 2 QD and got quoted $52 for postage. Maybe he got it wrong if everyone else is paying considerably less.

Back