Ezybrews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeauVinnie

Reaction score
Gday, just wondering if anyione has tried ESB's Ezybrew kits, the 4.5L of brewed liquid that you purchase and add 18L to. I have heard mixed reviews and some are pretty old, wondering if anyone has used them recently, particlaurly the Little Creatures clone.

Cheers

Hi, there's a heap of reviews here, hope it's of some help

I have done the ezy brew LCPA a few times.

That is what my mate only does...he reckons it is the best beer on Earth.

The alc volume is a bit weak for me... low 4%. I would suggest adding less water maybe .
Have all up about 21 ltrs???

I do the Brewers selection FWK's ...they have heaps more balls .

I have a nor west pale ale on tap and it is pretty similar to the ezy brew but almost 5% alc.

ATM I have the missus down lincraft picking me up some swiss violle ...BIAB is next for me.

I have done 2 Ezybrews......
Unless you add hops or trick them up with something...
they are bland....
They did not appeal to me....
I wont be trying them again.....??
Cheers
PJ

Gday, thanks for the replies,

Ya the low 4's is what I have been hearing and like you I would prefer something with a bit more grunt. I have a ESB 3kg American Pale Ale that I will put down next week and reckon i will keep it to 21 litres and forgoe the extra couple longnecks out of the bunch for a bit stronger beer and taste. I am keen to try the Brewers Selection FWKs (FWK = Fresh Wort Kit ya?) you mentioned though. Are these ESB things also? and are they fairly easy to and quick to put down?

BIAB sounds awesome, I just read Nic's guide last night and am pumped, but i reckon it will be a while till i have the time to pull one off though so FWKs or these 3kg ESB jobbies may be the go for the moment depending on how they turn out.

Cheers

Back