Ezybrew Apa Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoey

Reaction score
Up until recently my favourite brew was Homebreworld's EzyBrew APA FWK. However, it is no longer available and I was looking for a recipe that would get me close to it.

It was dark in colour for an APA, more like an amber ale.

I found it to have a beatifully balanced malt and citrus flavour - almost like a maltier version of Little Creatures Bright Ale.

I currently brew using partials or extracts but hoping to move to ag soon (biab to start with).

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Well, you could PM homebrewworld and you never know he might be very willing to give you some tips on how to brew it. :D

Well, you could PM homebrewworld and you never know he might be very willing to give you some tips on how to brew it. :D

pm sent.

I did email them a few weeks ago but didn't get a response. Maybe he will be more likely to respond via AHB.

Thanks Stuster!

They have been brewing them for a few months now. I haven't tried them but from what
i have heard they are selling well.

Kabooby :)

The Little Creatures Pale Ale sounds like an APA to me.
I wonder if the breweries will be upset with the names of these FWK's?

Obviously you didn't see the tiny little word style under the name :lol:

That makes it ok :icon_cheers:

ezybrewlittlecreatures.jpg

Now that's just cheeky! Tho I imagine your average start-up brewer would not have a clue that LCPA is an APA, so I can see what they're trying to do.

Also just noticed that they're 4.5kg concentrates, not FWKs.

I got my Ezybrew LCPA and JSAA wort today but they came with no yeast :(
Forgot to throw them in the box I guess. What a bummer.

Anyone know what kind they usually use?

Though these kits people are talking about here are named EzyBrew they are not the Homebrewworld FWKs and not the ones I am looking for. These kits are not FWKs. You have to add 18 litres of water!

The Homebreworld APA was a FWK and tastes like no other APA I have tasted. That is the one I am trying to recreate.

The colour of it is similiar to the amber coloured beer in the "The Brew Shop" graphic at the top of the page (when it shows) and the taste is maltier than LCPA or LCBA and not as hoppy as LCPA - but close to LCBA.

Though these kits people are talking about here are named EzyBrew they are not the Homebrewworld FWKs and not the ones I am looking for. These kits are not FWKs. You have to add 18 litres of water!

The Homebreworld APA was a FWK and tastes like no other APA I have tasted. That is the one I am trying to recreate.

The colour of it is similiar to the amber coloured beer in the "The Brew Shop" graphic at the top of the page (when it shows) and the taste is maltier than LCPA or LCBA and not as hoppy as LCPA - but close to LCBA.

An APA is pale malt and a bit of crystal, bittered and flavoured with American hops. You can do a partial with extract and some crystal, then do your own bitterring. Trying to match a FWK is probably not the best way to approach making your own APA. Read up on what makes an APA and work on your own recipe.

Happy hunting. Looking forward to seeing you on the Dark Side!

Actually they are fresh wort, but only 4.5 litres worth.
Must be super concentrated or something.

Sorry to disagree, but if they are concentrated then they are not 'fresh'. The 'fresh' part means that they have not been processed after leaving the brewers kettle. Using only 4.5 litres would mean that it would have to have a OG of 1.150 which is not possible by normal brewing.

They sound more like they start out with an extract base to which some wort may have been added - which means that the bulk of the material has had a lot of processing done to it since it left the brewery kettle.

More like a bigger version of the ESB 2KG kits - which are still very good.

Dave

Latest posts

Back