EXTREME Brew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toenail ale.....

I cube hopped 160g Falconers Flight with 80g of Willamette on a .1046 pale ale the other weekend.
I accidentally added 5% carapils instead of 5% crystal so I decided I may as well piss off some hops in the extra wort.

The wort tasted like the beer equivalent of an espresso shot (not a big fan of coffee).

If there's one of these in Victoria I'd be happy to enter it.

Hahaha this comp has gotten some interest...don't worry guys we will be sure to post up what beers where on for the night and photos of each (maybe even reaction shots too haha)

Should be an interesting night

heheh yeah... i like it Adam... if everyone tastes at the same time it will lead to some great shots!
Anyone else still frigging full from all the pork yesterday??? fark.

Ha I did the same.... If only I had enough room on my Meth Lab balcony for a smoker... Actually my cholesterol and waistline are thankful that I DONT have room!
Bloody tasty though!

ill be bringing my extreme beer(4113 extream) plus ill have an american brown and a mosaic IPA as well which none of you guys tasted last weekend,,,,,,i think im going to have 9 differnet kegs of beer on the go at once,time to drink some,

I'm so sad I never did this one.

The Smallest Beer ... In the World
American Pale Ale

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (L): 1.0
Total Grain (kg): 0.260
Total Hops (g): 3.00
Original Gravity (OG): 1.056 (°P): 13.8
Final Gravity (FG): 1.014 (°P): 3.6
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 5.50 %
Colour (SRM): 9.3 (EBC): 18.3
Bitterness (IBU): 32.2 (Average)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
0.250 kg Pilsner (96.15%)
0.010 kg Caraaroma (3.85%)

Hop Bill
----------------
1.0 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1 g/L)
2.0 g Simcoe Pellet (12.2% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (2 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 20°C with Safale US-05

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

A GREAT night everyone...an awesome turn out and some crazy (good and bad) beers haha

IMAG1762.jpg

yeah last night rocked, now i have to back it up with an afternoon wedding party,
but like a real trooper i should be able to push though and drink my fair share of beer,(which was made at my place for his wedding)

was good to take home my 1st win,,,,and you never known extreme 4113 might become a house beer which is all ways on tap,,could all way mix it up and make a uk version of it as well but i really like
the american hops the most,

thanks for the drop box downloaded all the pic and vids thanks adam

Kegsy, I am looking forward to the next one... was it called Project Mayem... like 'Fight Club'??
Awesome night!

Latest posts

Back