Extreme Amount Of Water Loss In Boil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!

You'll still enjoy your low gravity beers, perhaps keep them on hand for the driving visitors and drink the subsequent batches yourself.

Enjoy the new control that AG brings.

drinking-48.GIF

Can I recommend picking up a stainless steel ruler to measure the volume in the boiler pre/post boil?

Do you have one in mind Kook? Might not be a bad idea for me to some type of markings on the pot to indicate liters.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them."

Galileo Galilei

Tis true

Sweet!

You'll still enjoy your low gravity beers, perhaps keep them on hand for the driving visitors and drink the subsequent batches yourself.

Enjoy the new control that AG brings.

drinking-48.GIF

Yeah, they'll still be sweet, and good for friends that are driving.

Cleaning labels off of bottles as I bottle one of them tomorrow...soo much fun! :angry:

BB

Do you have one in mind Kook? Might not be a bad idea for me to some type of markings on the pot to indicate liters.

I picked up a 60cm one from a teaching supply store. It's perfect for my system, as my pot is 49cm tall inside and holds about 98L. Easy to tell the volume with a quick look at the ruler. I always measure pre-boil, and if I want to measure post-boil, I just put the ruler in for the last 10 mins of the boil to sanitise it.

I picked up a 60cm one from a teaching supply store. It's perfect for my system, as my pot is 49cm tall inside and holds about 98L. Easy to tell the volume with a quick look at the ruler. I always measure pre-boil, and if I want to measure post-boil, I just put the ruler in for the last 10 mins of the boil to sanitise it.

So have you added Liter markings on it? Or are you just calculating cm lost based on original volume?

BB

So have you added Liter markings on it? Or are you just calculating cm lost based on original volume?

BB

Pretty easy with mine, 1cm = 2L.

It would be easy to put up a chart with the cm vs litres if your pot was a slightly less convenient size.

Back