Extra Special Brewers 2016 Home Brew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korev

Reaction score
Full details of this years competition - Hop Hops and More Hops may be found on our new website

Cheers

Peter

Just a bump for the comp. It is about the perfect time to start brewing those hoppy beers for the ESB comp. Autumn temperatures have finally arrived so most brewers should have good places to brew excellent IPA's. So start brewing.

Barry: for those of us calculating postage costs: one bottle of each entry or two bottles?

Edit: No worries - one bottle (found it on the pdf) :)

Bump - Just a reminder 5 weeks to go before entries close.

Cheers
Peter

Peter, are entries just kept at ambient temperature until a day or so before judging, or are they put immediately into cold storage on receipt?
Just thinking of bottle carbonation of later entries.

Cheers, Michael

edit spellinck

Bribie G said:
Peter, are entries just kept at ambient temperature until a day or so before judging, or are they put immediately into cold storage on receipt?
Just thinking of bottle carbonation of later entries.

Cheers, Michael

edit spellinck
Michael

The beers will not be kept in cold storage. The beers will be at ambient temps during transit, then as ales, will be stored at around 10 C prior to the comp.

Cheers
Peter

I've got a spare bottle of English IPA from the NSW case swap that I'll drop into peakhurst tomorrow (plus $5). First comp so not sure what to expect...

shacked said:
I've got a spare bottle of English IPA from the NSW case swap that I'll drop into peakhurst tomorrow (plus $5). First comp so not sure what to expect...
[SIZE=12pt]Shacked, from an ESB comp you can expect high quality judging, constructive feedback, expeditious results [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]and most of all love, lots of love [/SIZE]

Mikedub said:
[SIZE=12pt]Shacked, from an ESB comp you can expect high quality judging, constructive feedback, expeditious results [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]and most of all love, lots of love [/SIZE]
but I'm not there this year so it could be a touch lower quality.

Entrants posting entries, don't forget the long weekend so you might be cutting it fine by posting the final week.

Or 'Touch quality - Lower love'
Ok, now I'm freakin out

Mikedub said:
Or 'Touch quality - Lower love'
Ok, now I'm freakin out
only works if they have skimpy waitresses again

May have to increase the entry fee (to clarify - the beer entry fee) to cover your suggestion Barl's,

Back