Export Fosters = Crown Lager ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Dr.

Reaction score
I was talking to a wine maker and he said that the Fosters Lager that is exported is the same as the Crown Lager we have here. I can't get any export fosters to test this with, and no searches have yielded any appropriate results.

Does anyone know if this is actually true or not?

im pretty sure we dsont actually export fosters, that its BUL overseas. Thirsty can tell us.

Fosters in the UK is brewed by Heineken AKA the late Scottish Courage. I believe in N America it's brewed in Canada and in Europe it's going to be brewed by the Turkish Efes Pilsen group. Maybe we export to Asia.

we do export Fosters - and the information is so close to accurate as to not be worth nit picking about.

I can't say anything about whether it is the same beer or not but in the US I did see green cans of "Fosters Export" - this is a different beer to the beer we think of when we think "Fosters" and could very easily be Crown (or a BUL version).

i have been lead to believe in the past that fosters and crown ARE the same beer.the crown is a premium beer becouse it apperantly comes from the "crown" of the fermenter or some such thing.

The also make "Fosters" in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam...found that out when I went into an "aussie" pub in HCMC and asked the Pommy owner why they heck they had such a shit beer on tap...his answer "its brewed around the corner so its cheap"...

I can't say anything about whether it is the same beer or not but in the US I did see green cans of "Fosters Export" - this is a different beer to the beer we think of when we think "Fosters" and could very easily be Crown (or a BUL version).

Sorry, just remembered the green cans were premium ale or some such.

So while it cant directly be the exact same stuff going into 2 fosters cans and crown bottles, taste wise could it be argued that its the same? Has anyone tasted Fosters recently?

In the U.S. I believe now Foster's is brewed in Texas and Georgia by 'Oil Can Brewing' which is in the SABMiller stable and they removed the 'imported' from the can. When it was imported to the states from Canada, they used to be advertised as 'imported' and they let the consumer assume it was imported from Australia. And the green can is 'Fosters Bitter' there.

fosters/carlton/matilda?
I wont say that its CUB.....

OMG! OMG! OMG! There's a Megaswill brewer amongst the Brewhood! Quick everyone hide and turn the lights out! :ph34r:
but they will still hear the bloop bloop bloop of our airlocks! Damn you airlocks *shakes frst*
and probably some giggling from all us drunks whilst trying to draw pictures on the face of someone whose passed out :icon_drunk:

Back