Expanded Metal In Bankstown, Sydney?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm finishing off my ugly drum smoker and am hoping to find a sheet of expanded metal grating to use to build the charcoal basket for it.

I'm about to do the rounds of my local metal fabrication places around Bankstown & Revesby areas in Sydney to see if anyone has an offcut lying around that I might be able to have cheapish but thought I'd ask for advice here first.

Anyone able to help me out or give me tips on where to go or on particular places to try?

Thanks

Jez

Hi there,

I'm finishing off my ugly drum smoker and am hoping to find a sheet of expanded metal grating to use to build the charcoal basket for it.

I'm about to do the rounds of my local metal fabrication places around Bankstown & Revesby areas in Sydney to see if anyone has an offcut lying around that I might be able to have cheapish but thought I'd ask for advice here first.

Anyone able to help me out or give me tips on where to go or on particular places to try?

Thanks

Jez

You might be able to get some from a sheet metal supplier, there should be one near Bankstown airport.

cheers

Browndog

Thanks Browndog.

Jez

Funny - in the midst of a keg smoker conversion here in Melbourne and had the same question! Finished everything but the grates last weekend. I was hoping to come across some old weber grills via freecycle or hard rubbish, but no luck. Looking at expanded metal, but everywhere I've called doesn't seem to carry it - only woven steel and $$ at that.

Latest posts

Back