Esb Peakhurst Open All Next Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Wadey

Reaction score
Just a quick note to inform that ESB Peakhurst will be open all next week, 18-22 Dec 06.

Rgds,
Peter

Hey Peter, why is the web site down and when will it be back up?

Cheers
Andrew

Who is trading from the store? IS Mel back on deck? Will there be bulk grain available?

Good Day
It will be opened from 10 am to 4 pm approx. (ring first to be sure).
Mel is clearing out the final stock.
All the best, Barry.

Hey Peter, why is the web site down and when will it be back up?

Cheers
Andrew

Sorry for the late reply Andrew, went back to work.

I suspect the the website was pulled to reduce the amount of enquires/ orders that could not be filled while Mel was not manning the shop. I cannot say if/ when it will come back up.

Should you wish to place an order, I would try the shop email address
[email protected]
or call Mel on (02) 9584 3372 next week during the hrs indicated by 'Beer Baron' Barry.

Rgds,
Peter

I popped in there the other day and asked Mel if He was open again...and He said 'Yes'!!
The website is still down, but ring to make sure someone is in....

Is he still planning to be out of there by the end of January or is he trading again?

He gave me the impression He was going to make another run at it...but I could be wrong...wouldnt be the first time!!

He gave me the impression He was going to make another run at it...but I could be wrong...wouldnt be the first time!!

Had a brief chat with Mel this morning.
The shop is back to being open 5 1/2 days a week.
The website (www.esbeer.com.au) is back up today.

Peter

Yeah!! I wasnt wrong...for once!!

Good Day
Went there this morning and bought a lot of much needed bits and pieces. They are restocking so ring first to make sure they have what you want. Closes at 12 Saturday but open from Monday to Saturday.
No. 9584 3372. No commercial interest just happy to see Mel back and up and running.

Good Day
Went there this morning and bought a lot of much needed bits and pieces. They are restocking so ring first to make sure they have what you want. Closes at 12 Saturday but open from Monday to Saturday.
No. 9584 3372. No commercial interest just happy to see Mel back and up and running.

Mel wasnt there it was a different guy I asked him for some Saaz hops

He said he had just taken over and was learning

He said would you give me a clue as to what they are .

I said they are kept in the fridge and look like rabbit food :blink:

Poor soul felt a tad sorry for him left in charge of the store and no idea of the prices :(

Pumpy,

I was happy anyway :)

Yes Colin is working there with Mel and I had a long talk to him. He admitted it was a very steep learning curve but he was very keen to get involved and seemed enthusiastic.

Was there yesterday too, and as said before they weren't fully stocked. I got the impression that they were going to concentrate more heavily on the canned extracts, as Colin said they are getting in more coopers and brewcraft stuff. Also they have a new 'dry beer' pack for extract brewers. Time will tell I suppose!

Someone told me today that Mel no longer owns/runs ESB. That would explain the lack of interest in the mashing side of things.. Does anyone know more about that?

Someone told me today that Mel no longer owns/runs ESB. That would explain the lack of interest in the mashing side of things.. Does anyone know more about that?

This is true ... Mel no longer owns ESB, but he is running it.

We had a good chat a couple of weeks ago and at that stage he wasn't sure how in depth he was going to go with the grain side.

Everytime there was a grain bulk buy etc etc businesses like ESB were most affected ... Mel's reward for 20 years of supporting all grain brewing.

Latest posts

Back