EOI House of Malt B/B

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, PRICES FOR 20 SACKS MINIMUM.
Hopefully we can do better.
001.JPG

002.JPG

would the toasted be similar to MO?

I love a SMaSH with MO so I would be down for an ale and a toasted ale.

Man, toasting my own malt is way too much effort. If the toasted malt is no good (just plan on using for simple house SMaSH with galaxy) then I'd just get an ale. But if the toasted is similar to an MO I'll take a sack. Worst case I do 50/50 toasted and non toasted.

I love a maltier base than most, as I find a bit of malt backbone helps with galaxy particularly.

I'm looking at doing some more malty beers. In particular a Marzen and Dopplebock.

So pilsner malt and...What would you recommend, the munich malt?

Twent 2 ale 2 pilsner
weal 2 ale
Kadmium 1 ale 1 toasted
Golly: 1 Pilsner, 1...TBD

Guys I have talked quite a bit with Drew (house of malt) as he is local to me
1. The Aussie ale malt is a Maris otter substitute
2. the Toasted ale malt asDrew describes it is MO on steroids
3. The Munich is awesome

Yeah awesome. Fug it. I'll stick with the toasted and worse case I mix 50/50 with the base to get closer to MO. But I usually run MO / Honey malt for my NEIPAs so who knows.

I don’t think the prices represent a bulk buy, in saying that I haven’t been here for years and in the old days you would have 1200 plus members on the forum at once before Dane sold out. Bulk buys generated 150 sacks plus

We need more beer pics on this forum
I recently made a Tropical Stout, currently waiting its turn to go into cold crash. It occurred to me, I have never seen an Aussie Tropical Stout, time for the micro breweries to have one on the agenda. Really rate the Sri Lankan Tropical Stout, Lion stout weighs in at 8.8% ABV mine should end up around 7%. Agree we need more pics of what the members are drinking.

I recently made a Tropical Stout, currently waiting its turn to go into cold crash. It occurred to me, I have never seen an Aussie Tropical Stout, time for the micro breweries to have one on the agenda. Really rate the Sri Lankan Tropical Stout, Lion stout weighs in at 8.8% ABV mine should end up around 7%. Agree we need more pics of what the members are drinking.
Maybe the wrong thread

Maybe the wrong thread
Agree got carried away there.
I don’t think the prices represent a bulk buy, in saying that I haven’t been here for years and in the old days you would have 1200 plus members on the forum at once before Dane sold out. Bulk buys generated 150 sacks plus
We didn't do to bad on the first Voyager Bulk Buy, but I agree bulk buys in the past were well represented by the members. Can't change what happened though majority of those who left are back under different names, but still not as vibrant as it was, but it will be.

Twent 3 ale 3 pilsner
weal 2 ale
Kadmium 1 ale 1 toasted
Golly: 1 Pilsner, 1...TBD

Back