EOI Brew Wash Powder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

Anyone interested in buying some Protank PB048 brewery wash. I recently purchased more than I would need for quite a while from the manufacturer in Melbourne and looking at getting rid of 10kg. I can offer it in 5kg packs or break it down to smaller amounts. $7/kg plus postage.

• Its a non caustic white powder similar to PBW and used in breweries and wineries throughout Australia.
  • PH >11 at 1% solution.
  • Contains mild alkaline salts, low foaming surfacants, chelating and water conditioning agents, non corrosive additives and protein removing agents
  • Its low foaming food grade cleaner formulate for HACCP programs
  • Professionally blended and stable formulation
  • Safe to use on stainless steel, glass, aluminium and plastics
  • Excellent environmental profile - waste water does not contain phosphate or chlorine.
  • Non dusting and non fuming
  • A hot water rinse is required
  • Dosage rate of 100g-200g per 10 litres of hot water 60C

Information sheet will be emailed to you.

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards

I'm interested in 5kg please.

What are the delivery options for Sydney? 5kg Auspost satchel?

Not sure if I should resurrect this or not. Sorry if I shouldn't.

Anyway after a mental couple of years in 3 countries we are back to stay - till I kick the bucket.

I've bought enough mats to make up about 20Kg of the original BWP - still at $8Kg
so if there's any interest just post here or PM.

Not sure if I should resurrect this or not. Sorry if I shouldn't.

Anyway after a mental couple of years in 3 countries we are back to stay - till I kick the bucket.

I've bought enough mats to make up about 20Kg of the original BWP - still at $8Kg
so if there's any interest just post here or PM.
Good to see you back, sorry to hear of your woes. I was going to take over your bulk buy, after talking to the chemist he convinced me to go for perborate rather than percarbonate it is more stable and I believe a couple of guys almost had a chemical fire from the last buy, Mardoo could have been one of them though not sure. (dampness and temperature just doesn't mix)
Happy with the perborate, just takes a little longer to scrub than percarbonate but most leave for a long soak.

Good to see you back, sorry to hear of your woes. I was going to take over your bulk buy, after talking to the chemist he convinced me to go for perborate rather than percarbonate it is more stable and I believe a couple of guys almost had a chemical fire from the last buy, Mardoo could have been one of them though not sure. (dampness and temperature just doesn't mix)
Happy with the perborate, just takes a little longer to scrub than percarbonate but most leave for a long soak.

Interesting as the famous one most use is definitely percarbonate, I'd be vacuum sealing in 1kg bags so storage shouldn't be an issue.

Perborate is not as effective, that's used in a lot of washing powders as a "whitener" but did they suggest monohydrate (PBS-1) or tetrahydrate (PBS-4)?

If folks see the main ingredient of PBW as dangerous, I'm sure perborate would be no more expensive and I could get hold of it.
But of course there'd need to be a few Kgs of demand as buying another sack of chemical would be required.
Although I could always use the leftovers in the laundry :)

Its a tab more expensive, initially I didn't like the fact that I couldn't tip it on my garden when it was exhausted, and it isn't quite as environmentally friendly, tip it down the toilet it upsets the balance at the sewerage farm, But storage isn't a problem, actually they are not far from you just off Kellets road if you want to speak to them he does a really good line cleaner too.

Its a tab more expensive, initially I didn't like the fact that I couldn't tip it on my garden when it was exhausted, and it isn't quite as environmentally friendly, tip it down the toilet it upsets the balance at the sewerage farm, But storage isn't a problem, actually they are not far from you just off Kellets road if you want to speak to them he does a really good line cleaner too.

You put chemicals on your garden? eek! not for me - the spent grain and hops go in the compost, chill water stored too but the rest is down the drain.

But yes give me the details and I'll talk to them for sure.

Don't know where yo are DU99 but if you are anywhere near Bayswater you can pick up some peracetic acid, best biocide known to man.
When the Safety data says Highly corrosive, do not breathe and can burn skin and eyes I get scared, but I know it's used in food prep somehow, can't remember where though.

60% Sodium Percarbonate 30% Sodium Metasilicate
approx 8% Sodium Carbonate
non ionic detergent/surfactantant
Chelating agent

Hi Altone, any chance you can let us in on your trade secrets on what and how much surfactant and chelating agent to use and where to get in Melbourne? Alternatively I have many 25kg bags of coated sodium percarbonate I'm happy to swap for the other ingredients.

Back