Emersons Maris Gold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmsy

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind try to give this a whirl or something along these lines. I have tried there Pilsner and was very good but reading up on there web site i have got a fancy for the Maris Gold.

Was thinking either a partial

http://www.emersons.co.nz/

Pretty sure theyre discontinuing this, even tho they havnt updated the website, or replied to any of their customers <_<

But I would imagine its basically Maris Otter, maybe some Crystal, and goldings hops...

So you want the recreate a beer you have never tried,

90% Marris Otter mashed 65C
10% Cane Sugar in kettle
to 1.048OG
English Yeast of your choice
Bitter to 30IBU
Tons of NZ hops at flameout.

Should be close enough.

Pretty sure theyre discontinuing this,

In the words of Luke Skywalker-

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Thats one of my faves :(

the hops in this are (were) NZ saaz and NZ cascade.

plus i think it has a fair bit of wheat malt too.

Had it a few years ago and met Richard Emerson at the AIBA. Aptly called Marris Gold as it is all Marris Otter. Forget that Wheat stuff...

Practice Thamesheisgebott and you will get it right: Marris Otter, Hops, Water, English Ale yeast.

Scotty

Aptly called Marris Gold as it is all Marris Otter.

All Marris Otter, Scotty. Hmm. Unfortunately I've only got Maris Otter. Will that do instead. :unsure: :lol: :icon_cheers:

Back