Embarassing Mistakes Department

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dark brown pool?

Better wort boilver than anybody thinking the obvious.

We won't swim in your toilet if you don't **** in our pool. :lol: :lol:

Warren -

Weizguy said:
P.S. Anyone out there into "I Spit on your Gravy"? :p
[post="52714"][/post]​

I remember them. Still have an album on vinyl from about 1987. Turntable hasnt worked for years, though. Must look into that.

Tim said:
I set my boiler (plastic 30L fermemter with element) up on the side of the swimming pool so i can recirculate the pool water through my chiller to be more efficient. I thought i was pretty smart to come up with this....until i experienced my first boilover resulting with about three litres of wort 'escaping' into the pool. I didnt even notice because i was inside reading AHB. I tried to cover it up from SHMBO, but the pool changing from clear to dark brown overnight was a bit of a give away!
[post="52810"][/post]​

Thats put a smile on my face for the first time today :lol:
No laughing at you, laughing with you :p

Beers,
Doc

Cheers Doc,
Then there is the episode on Easter Monday. I was conducting the sparge on my part time brew sculpture (which also doubles as a spiral staircase!). SWMBO's bonzai trees are nestled underneith the staircase and i had the boiler on a box adjacent to the staircase and next to the little trees. I wasnt very popular when at about the 29L mark, the box colapses spilling 70 degree wort over the bonzai's! Luckily i only lost about three litres, but let me tell you action in the bedroom hgas been scarce ever since!

I'd like to join the club of embarassing mistakes. Did my first all grainer yesterday and thought in my mind i had everything worked out, especialy having previsouly read this post, of course I still got my fermenters mixed up and put the one which had the open tap under the CFWC and lost 5L or so of valuable wort....doh, then of course there was the false bottom getting clogged.......twice, and running out of sparge water. Lots of lessons learnt, guess I have to learn them my myself and not from others which is a shame, other wise i'd be a master brewer already.

Dazzling

Latest posts

Back