Electropolishing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono_w

Reaction score
Brewers,

As I have alot of pieces of stainless in my brewery, I would like to have it all looking nice and shiny. I have heard of electropolishing stainless steel. Has anyone had any experience in this field?

Cheers.

I believe it can be quite expensive to do. I did some work a few years ago for a company dealing with/processing blood products and all of their components/piping etc was electro-polished, very expensive stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electropolishing

Assuming your thinking about this for your tanks, you'll need to find someone able to immerse them.

Mind you though, it is a very effective process and looks very nice.

Cheers SJ

The fact that an electrode needs to be connected and the each individual part needs to be immersed in the electrolyte sounds like it is fairly labor intense.
And maybe tank size is another factor.
I wonder how it would compare price wise with buying polishing pads and polish? not to mention the time involved.

The fact that an electrode needs to be connected and the each individual part needs to be immersed in the electrolyte sounds like it is fairly labor intense.
And maybe tank size is another factor.
I wonder how it would compare price wise with buying polishing pads and polish? not to mention the time involved.

If you supply the beer Jono I will polish my arse of. :icon_cheers:

Hey now there's an idea Sav,
thirsty home brewer slave labor!!

So Jonathon, do you have an estimated time for your 1st Brew on this Rig? Will it be this year??? :unsure:

:icon_cheers: CB

CB:
I really hope so because I have the opportunity to leave my current employment to further my career hopefully in the brewing field. So in the next two weeks i hope to have it wired and plumbed. I could never finish it as I'm a bit of a perfectionist so polishing may have to wait.

Latest posts

Back