EK Tap disassembly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philmud

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with, or better yet, a resource that shows how to break down an ANDALE EK tap? I have NFI what I'm doing. The handle seems to be held in place by a brass "C" washer & I'm not sure if I should be able to pry it out or what. I've found the breakdown/parts list on their website, just not sure how to disassemble.
Thanks guys!

I have a second hand one from EvilBay and I had the same problem. Did my head in for a bit. I have only taken it apart once when I first bought it. I dont remember exactly but I think the brass C circlip sits inside the brass thread. I think the brass thread can acually push down into the tap (try a ring spanner or something) and the C clip with just falls off. Its something like that anyway. Youll do the old forehead slap when you figure it out.

It might have to do with which way you have the tap turned.

the thread and clip may not be brass in your case. Mine is pretty old school which is why I like it :D

Awesome, thanks. Yeah mine are ancient. Very cool, but definitely need new seals etc. so, the brass thread - is that the one the stainless nut/cap screws on to?

Take the body out - undo the the big nut.
put the point of the spindle on the bench
press the top of the tap down
slide off the C-clip
un stack the tap from the top down

they are the easiest tap on the market to pull down, for the small cost it is well worth putting a complete parts kit through the tap after you have cleanse and lubed it
if its an old tap, or very grubby it is well worth getting a small wire brush, I use one from a coffee machine cleaning kit about $12-14, have used a Swede brush from a shoe shop (brass) the SS brush is better.
Mark

Knew It was somewhere
M
EK.jpg

Latest posts

Back