'ebay/u.s.' Kegerator Configuration

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessTime

Reaction score
Hi All,

Decided to make this a thread as the information may prove useful to some.

I bought a 'Kegerator' off EBay for $350. It holds 1 commercial keg or 2 corneys however you can't fit
a 6.8L My Kegs on Legs cylinder in there too which is annoying as it would be nice to have everything self contained.

I had a look at the inside of the Kegerator and there is a hole just ontop of the compressor hump (used I assume for drainage).
I pushed the gas line through this hole and out the back of the unit, the gas line came out just above a
drip tray at the back for the fridge which I then ran to my gas bottle.

In this way I was able to keep my gas outside the kegerator and the kegs inside without drilling holes etc in the thing.

I used a JG non return valve on the outside of the fridge so I can always easily disconnect the gas bottle
from the line and move the kegerator around if I need to.

Here are some dodgy pictures of what I did, I hope someone finds it useful.

Inside of fridge with gas line through drip hole
fridgeinside.jpg

back of fridge with gas line coming out over the drip tray
backoffridge.jpg

N.B. it was a pain to get the gas line to bend 90 deg down the hole towards the drip tray

If anyone has info on setting up a second tap on the towers of these things I would love to see some pics, I know you can buy alternative dual tap towers but against I don't know how easy they are to setup etc ...

Also my kegerator looks like this

171559252_tp.jpg

As far as the 90 degree bend goes; you can get John Guest 90 degree elbow fittings which do the job for you.

The 90 deg bend is through the insulation of the fridge not a 90 deg bend in the line so you have to push the line through the hole which then turns 90 deg earthwards out the back of the kegerator ... if that makes sense.

edit:spelling

thanks for this great post mate, I'm going to give it a try tonight and see how I go! :D

thanks for this great post mate, I'm going to give it a try tonight and see how I go! :D

No worries, if you end up buying a double tap tower for yours can you put some pics online as it's something i'm looking to do cash allowing

No worries, if you end up buying a double tap tower for yours can you put some pics online as it's something i'm looking to do cash allowing

just another quick question mate,

the hole in my fridge is sealed up, did you just punch it through with some sort of tool? it's got about 2mm hole, but the rest is all plastic. I guess I could just punch through with a screwdriver or something if i'm careful?

I didnt have to punch through anything. If theres a hole ther already and a drip tray at the back then condensation has to somehow be able to get into the tray at the back .... i thought mine went nowhere when i pushed the tube in but thats because i had to get the tube to bend downwards to come out the section that sat above the drip tray.

I would look at it again carefully as i thought the same thing at first. Then again you may have a different kind of kegerator to mine ...

But ya basically you push the tube in and it stop when it hits the back wall I think tested my theory by getting a coat hanger bending it into a curve then feeding it through the hole untill i saw it poking out the exit above the drip tray at the back. That way i knew where it went.

i'm still having extreme difficulty getting the hose to go through, it goes in as far as I'm guessing the wall is and then it stops. I have tried for ages to get it through the bottom or through the top but it just isn't going to bend ?

i'm still having extreme difficulty getting the hose to go through, it goes in as far as I'm guessing the wall is and then it stops. I have tried for ages to get it through the bottom or through the top but it just isn't going to bend ?

It was a real ******* to push through, I think i tried pushing it downwards with a coat hanger at one point, It was a while ago but from memory in the end it just bent downwards, I think i tried pre bending it so it would have a tenancy to bend downwards when pushed up against the wall.

There isn't much else I can say really, no sure if putting some fishing line or similar through the hole then using it to pull the gas line through would help.

Cheers,
Dave

just thought i'd update this thread with the photo of my new font.

I snapped the old tap inside where it joined the handle, so it was useless. I went for a dual font on eBay for 85 dollars.

dualfontlo8.jpg

as I couldn't get the line for the gas to go down that hole inside the fridge, I am about to just drill into the side of it and leave the gas bottle outside the fridge and the two cornies inside.

Back