eBay Items IV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celli taps......Are they any good...is it brass or something, and whats the same deal work in the shops?

p.s. Do they enable you to pour Ales as well??

Excuss the ignorance...I'm in the process of setting up the keg Fridge (properly)...with those John Guest Quick Release fittings can you remove the beer/gas lines out of them once you've pushed the lines in to the fitting???

without stuffing them up..

Go to www.craftbrewer.com.au or PM Ross directly. Somewhere on here there's quite a long thread about how good/bad celi taps are.

mika lika, what happened to the Brew Day!

and can you remove lines from JG fittings without ruining them??

I'm no expert on JG fittings, but as far as I'm aware, yes.
Been busy and not brewing as much as I should. Thought you'd lost interest after seeing GL's system running. Will PM you next time I'm brewing.

mika lika, what happened to the Brew Day!
and can you remove lines from JG fittings without ruining them??

There is plenty of discussion floating around regarding this. And from what I have read the answer is Yes.

Pok

Cheap copper pipe????

I dont know if this is cheap or not... but seem like it to me. Could be useful for making a party keg setup.

Linky

Pok

Only 1/4" though, though it's still cheap.
$150 or less (have seen $130 in another store) will get you 18mtrs of 1/2" from Bunnings in WA at the moment. They're also selling 3/8" pretty cheap and in various roll sizes.

Yeah Mika, thought I should learn to walk before I run....set up a beer fridge first (with JG fittings, drip tray, need some of those flash gold Celi taps though...got another fridge for ferment ( SS probe with a fridgemate, filtration unit etc), now will give it a few burns, then...

Aquired some 50L kegs, (HLT, MashTun) and are saving up for the AG move (tis expensive as you know with mills, burners, high pressure rigs, gas bottle, SS ball valves, False bottoms, immersion chiller, refractometers, weldless thermometers, plumbing, brew programes...and getting a grain stockpile, might take me a couple of months, but I'll get there!

Still interested however on watching/learning how you do it

Skippy i hope im on the same wave length as you in regard to removing lines fron JG fittings but it will help if you get the tool kit to aid in removal.Spoke to Ross about this ages ago and he now stocks them.Spanner type tool that comes on a ring with all the tools to suit.

Cheers
Big D

Might be usefull getting this tool if I want to change the setup around.
Thanks Q answered.

The tool is unnecessary, I do it with my fingers all the time, or you can use an open ended spanner (suiting to the line OD).

excuss the ignorance, how do you use the spanner on the bit without busting it?

I havent got pics but the spanner releases the grip of the fitting so you can pull out the tube.Fingers work well as does other things lying around.I just find the tool easy.
Skippy the tool just pushes in and raises the collar releasing the grip on the tube in a round about explanation way :blink:

Cheers
Big D

p.s. Do they enable you to pour Ales as well??
Any tap can pour an ale. I'm not sure what would make them different to a lager and so on.
Celli's can pour anything.
A stand out feature is that they have flow regulators so you can adjust the pour of each tap individually, which is great if you happen to have multiple taps and beer that is carbonated differently.

Latest posts

Back