eBay Items II

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent.
Top score Ross. Great price too.

Beers,
Doc

Very nice :rolleyes:

Make sure you clean the Tetley renmants out of 'em Ross. ;)

Warren -

A very good price, if they are easily restorable.

You do realise their limitations for home use, I trust, such as half a pint of beer sitting in those cylinders between each use getting warm and flat. And make sure you aren't pushing beer through them with C02 - there isn't generally a check valve fitted and the beer will simply flow straight through them if pushed by pressure or gravity.

Sean said:

You do realise their limitations for home use, I trust, such as half a pint of beer sitting in those cylinders between each use getting warm and flat. And make sure you aren't pushing beer through them with C02 - there isn't generally a check valve fitted and the beer will simply flow straight through them if pushed by pressure or gravity.
[post="65648"][/post]​

Here's hoping - If not I'll just put back on ebay...

I think I can tolerate pouring off the odd half pint to get some draft "real ale" happening - looking forward to making a cask conditioned ale... :beer:

Ross,
I held Roach's beer engine. I was surprised how heavy it was. I suspect en excess baggage cost will be required

Ross said:
Sean said:

[post="65648"][/post]​

Here's hoping - If not I'll just put back on ebay...

I think I can tolerate pouring off the odd half pint to get some draft "real ale" happening - looking forward to making a cask conditioned ale... :beer:
[post="65657"][/post]​
You don't need handpumps for real ale - the best real ale is served straight out of the cask "on gravity".

BTW, as they are Tetley's pumps, they might be "fixed" so you have to use sparklers (this is usually rectifiable with a pair of long nose pliers), and they may be designed to recycle slops out of the drip tray (nasty, horrible, practice once common in Leeds).

And Darren is right - they will be HEAVY - lots of solid brass and ceramic, not to mention the wood.

Forget about the pitfalls Ross,

Two words;

FUN TOYS :rolleyes:

Getting them up and running will be half the fun IMO. :) Just the sort of challenge any brewer relishes.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:

Two words;

Getting them up and running will be half the fun IMO. :) Just the sort of challenge any brewer relishes.

Warren -
[post="65667"][/post]​
Absolutely.

I presume you are going to use them to pull beer out of a normal keg (I can't see any reason why that wouldn't perfectly well, pretty much like one of Ushers "fined beer containers"), but what are you going to replace the lost volume with? Ie are you going to do it "properly" and let air in, or try and rig up some way of applying atmospheric pressure of Co2?

Sean said:
warrenlw63 said:

Two words;

Warren -
[post="65667"][/post]​
Absolutely.

I presume you are going to use them to pull beer out of a normal keg (I can't see any reason why that wouldn't perfectly well, pretty much like one of Ushers "fined beer containers"), but what are you going to replace the lost volume with? Ie are you going to do it "properly" and let air in, or try and rig up some way of applying atmospheric pressure of Co2?
[post="65680"][/post]​

Not given it much thought yet - the first priority will be getting them back here - then I'll have to work out how they work & hopefully come up with some solutions - I'm sure there's many on here who'll give me a helping hand with some ideas, if needed. Even if I fail misreably, they'll look bloody good on my bar :D

Ross said:
Not given it much thought yet - the first priority will be getting them back here - then I'll have to work out how they work & hopefully come up with some solutions - I'm sure there's many on here who'll give me a helping hand with some ideas, if needed. Even if I fail misreably, they'll look bloody good on my bar :D
Fair enough. I'll look forward to the next episode.

Can you run a CO2 reg to release the gas at a pressure equal to 1 ATM ?

What you want is one of these that works in reverse.
Linky link

Doc

I believe the appropriate device is called a "cask breather". :unsure:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
I believe the appropriate device is called a "cask breather". :unsure:

Warren -
[post="65774"][/post]​
It is.

I've never actually used one, so I don't know how easy it would be to adapt it to a keg if you managed to acquire one somewhere.

{2300W Immersion heater here}

I was quietly keeping my eye on that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back