• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta hand it to him, these bottle crates are a great idea. Worth a look just to see the good design.
Ebay Link

Clever idea, but I don't think using exposed particle board in a wet enviroment is a very sensible idea.

cheers Ross

Wow - what a pity I missed that one. They went for $750. The problem is, I am not sure what quantity the selling is bundling them into because they have another auction going:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel...=item19c5de9811
10 kegs in each auction, and they are not 'new' as the item listing details indicate:
Hi mate,

Sorry about that, it's a Listing error. They are all used kegs
not new. An for this auction there is 10 for sale although I have 102 used
kegs in total

-bentgtboss

I seem to remember that there was an AHB member who posted a very , very similar looking picture of almost the exact same fridge that he had moved inside whilst SWMBO was away on holidays...He did say he wasn't sure she was going to like it... :ph34r:

Yep, I remember that too. Someone got in trouble and we can see who won :lol:

QldKev

Clever idea, but I don't think using exposed particle board in a wet enviroment is a very sensible idea.

cheers Ross
From a construction point of view I reckon they are clever. He must have a CNC router to knock them out and therefore I am jealous!

I guess most of you did not notice it is made from Moisture Resistant Particleboard. From a random Google: "MR or Moisture Resistant Particleboard is a type of particleboard with a special water-resistant resin added to the panel to ensure moisture resistance properties. MR Particleboard is specifically produced for use in areas subject to high humidity or occasional wetness."
I note the use of "occasional" rather than saying 'resistant to a depth of 10 metres'... :p

No affiliation; there have been a few comments and to be fair he does mention water in the add.

"THESE CRATES ARE MACHINED OUT OF "MOISTURE RESISTENT" PARTICEL BOARD THE STUFF MOST KITCHENS ARE MADE OUT OF, AND A DROP OF WATER, OR BEER DOES NOT HARM THEM. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD KEEP THEM AS DRY AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT USE THEM IN A WET ENVIRONMENT, DO NOT USE THEM TO DRY THE BOTTLES"

110 5o litre kegs - legal it seems ? 55 each x 10 lots
good for bulk buy maybe ?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel...=item19c5d87ac4

Hi,

I can vouch for the quality and legality of these kegs as I imported them from Europe before they were sold to the seller.

At $55 or even $75 they represent great value to the HB'er so hopefully it will put a stop to the (non) justification that people have to steal kegs as you can't buy any legal ones.

HTH,
Dave

From a construction point of view I reckon they are clever. He must have a CNC router to knock them out and therefore I am jealous!

I guess most of you did not notice it is made from Moisture Resistant Particleboard. From a random Google: "MR or Moisture Resistant Particleboard is a type of particleboard with a special water-resistant resin added to the panel to ensure moisture resistance properties. MR Particleboard is specifically produced for use in areas subject to high humidity or occasional wetness."
I note the use of "occasional" rather than saying 'resistant to a depth of 10 metres'... :p

No affiliation; there have been a few comments and to be fair he does mention water in the add.

"THESE CRATES ARE MACHINED OUT OF "MOISTURE RESISTENT" PARTICEL BOARD THE STUFF MOST KITCHENS ARE MADE OUT OF, AND A DROP OF WATER, OR BEER DOES NOT HARM THEM. HOWEVER YOU SHOULD KEEP THEM AS DRY AS POSSIBLE. DO NOT USE THEM IN A WET ENVIRONMENT, DO NOT USE THEM TO DRY THE BOTTLES"

alot of kitchens are made from this stuff as well as doors... however they are usually laminated or ply over the top. Any fluid on the grain at all and it will swell up pretty bad.

Has anyone bought from this guy?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-Dioxide-...647630303192243

It looks like a standard keg king bottle. $180 delivered (full) is cheaper than I could find from any other retailer...

A couple of retailers near me will swap keg king bottles that have been bought from elsewhere so I fail to see the downside with this.

Latest posts

Back