• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 litre containers that look perfect to use a No Chill Cubes

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...1#ht_500wt_1154
screenshot20100122at713.png

I have gotten a few off that guy, whilst they need a solid clean out to get the stains out, they have been very useful in my brewery.

I brought a number of these to use for no chill, I can report that they held up fine to the wort straight out of the kettle. Just need a soak to remove vinegar smell.

They've been used to hold Vinegar, so I presume they're 'food grade'. Don't know if they're HDPE. Spoke with the guy selling them (based in Gosford) and he says they're definitely OK to 70C and used by local homebrewers up there.

They get 100 of these a week and just sell them off at $4 each to make a few extra bob.

He's heading to Gladesville on Tuesday if anyone wants to contact through ebay. I can't get out there and unfortunately the postage costs make them a bit less of a bargain given their size - he reckoned they were more than they cost at ?Kmart? wherever? if you have to pay full postage.

Just thought I'd share. Any pointers on Eastern Sydney no chill cubes welcomed or anyone out that way and heading back into the City grab us a few? I figure they'd be perfect for grain storage too? Cheers.

They've been used to hold Vinegar, so I presume they're 'food grade'. Don't know if they're HDPE. Spoke with the guy selling them (based in Gosford) and he says they're definitely OK to 70C and used by local homebrewers up there.

They get 100 of these a week and just sell them off at $4 each to make a few extra bob.

He's heading to Gladesville on Tuesday if anyone wants to contact through ebay. I can't get out there and unfortunately the postage costs make them a bit less of a bargain given their size - he reckoned they were more than they cost at ?Kmart? wherever? if you have to pay full postage.

Just thought I'd share. Any pointers on Eastern Sydney no chill cubes welcomed or anyone out that way and heading back into the City grab us a few? I figure they'd be perfect for grain storage too? Cheers.

Picked up 10 of these on Monday.
Good bloke to deal with. If you buy 10 they are only $3 each.
Overnight soak in nappysan, quick rinse and all the smell and stain from the vinegar is gone. Look like new.

Prawn Porter?? Crab Cerveca???

Considering the money it's going for and the amount of power req.d to run it, it's not really a very large vessel.

Cheers SJ

I posted it thinking it'd make a good fermentation fridge. It couldn't cost too much to run it at 20C could it? Even if it shit itself for $25 you could use it like an esky and put some frozen pets in it.

Latest posts

Back