• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hops for sale on ebay. Last week you were bidding on a kilo, this week it is 500 grams. Not specified in the top of the add, have to read down the page. Shipping cost stayed the same.

A bit of trickery I think.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Home-Brew-Hops-Perl...%3A1|240%3A1318
The fact that 3 of their 4 most recent auctions for 500gm bags did not sell, where each of the last 16-20 auctions for 1kg bags sold, is an interesting thing.
It makes me wonder how many people buying the hops from ebay are members of this forum and know they can buy them at the same starting-price simply by emailing them directly ... either that or they're like me and are grumpy they didn't pickup some while they were in 1kg batches. ;)

Yes, and the one that sold this morning went for almost as much as a kilo buying direct. It went for $41 when you can buy 500 grams for $25.
Bet that person will be pissed when they realize it.

Send an email to them at:

[email protected]

Ask for the latest price list. Tell them which price list you want, the 500gm, 1 kilo, or 5 kilo.
Note that prices do not include GST. There is also a $3 packing fee on the total order.

Cheers,
Bud

The 226 litre SS pot is back on ebay, looks like the last guy didn't pay, or this is an ongoing thing.

2 available starting at $199.

Link

Cheers - boingk

As I did pay for the two I have in the shop, I suspect its an ongoing thing.

They are huge, fabricated rather than deep drawn, not the same quality as a Robinox or similar but good value.
View attachment 24593
Sorry about the quality, my old camera has trouble with the auto focus on shiny stuff and I was in a hurry.

MHB

As I did pay for the two I have in the shop, I suspect it's an ongoing thing.

They are huge, fabricated rather than deep drawn, not the same quality as a Robinox or similar but good value.
View attachment 24593
Sorry about the quality, my old camera has trouble with the auto focus on shiny stuff and I was in a hurry.

MHB

That picture kinda reminds me of the good old Indiana Jones movies when they were about to get cooked in the big pot. No shiny SS in those days but definitly a good sized pot!

I knew that I've seen the guy before :lol:

oscer.jpg

Nice looking kettle BTW

Batz

It's alright. They went to a good home.
Two are already reconditioned, converted to ball lock and sanitised ready for action. :p

Doc

So the person who scored finally steps out

It's alright. They went to a good home.
Two are already reconditioned, converted to ball lock and sanitised ready for action. :p

Doc
:) well done Doc

If you don't need all four I'd be happy to buy the other two off you

As I did pay for the two I have in the shop, I suspect it's an ongoing thing.

View attachment 24593

MHB

ahhh so your the one who sniped me on that bit and i am not jokeing

i will be going for one of the ones there now again as i am in real need of a 200Lt + pot

Mexican Beer Lime Plunger? I thought they were retailed in packets of five under the trade name 'fingers'...

- Boingk

Mexican Beer Lime Plunger? I thought they were retailed in packets of five under the trade name 'fingers'...
Ahhh but did you read the auction:
"Eliminates sticky fingers or lime juice in your eyes"
... don't want sticky fingers now do we. ;)

Would be a aweome small batch or partial mashtun - pick up from noosa

Linky

Cheers

Sully

Pick-up only :(

Look again... Plenty of people select 'pickup only' when listing because they don't know how they'll send it or how much it will cost. Then they write that they WILL post in the auction description, just like this guy. ;)

"WOULD PREFER BUYER TO P/UP BUT CAN BE SENT BY POST"

EDIT: Having said that, postage would not be cheap or easy I'd imagine.

Latest posts

Back